Thread: How do I add or remove items from the Microsoft Security Essentials allowed list

How do I add or remove items from the Microsoft Security Essentials allowed list

Microsoft is one of the most essential tools available from Microsoft. It can be installed easily and i can use it without any training, as it is a simple to use. Moreover, it is an updated and available with the latest definitions. If i install and run on the computer, the software will let you know if you're insured or not. If i use the Windows PC tool that runs in the background without interruption. I want to know that how do I add or remove items from the Microsoft Security Essentials allowed list. Any idea. Please help.

Re: How do I add or remove items from the Microsoft Security Essentials allowed list

To add an item to the list of allowed items
    1. The next time Microsoft Security Essentials alerts you about the software, click on View Details.
    2. In the dialog potential threat details, click the down arrow in the column Recommendation, then click Allow.

Re: How do I add or remove items from the Microsoft Security Essentials allowed list

To remove an item from the list of allowed elements and allow Microsoft to monitor Security Essentials

1. Select the tab history, then option Allowed items.
    2. Windows Vista or Windows 7, click View Details to see all items. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Windows XP, you need to log in as administrator on the computer to see all items.
    4. Select the item to watch, then click Delete. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If you trust software that Microsoft Security Essentials detected, you can prevent Microsoft Security Essentials alert you about the risks that the software can pose against the privacy of your data or your computer. To stop receiving alerts regarding this software, you must add to the list of authorized elements of Microsoft Security Essentials. If you later decide to watch this new software, you can remove it from the list of authorized elements of Microsoft Security Essentials at any time.

Plan tests at regular intervals is theoretically impossible by the Security Essentials Microsoft interface but it is still possible to do this via the command line and using the Task Scheduler. Initiate a scan via the command prompt

1. Simultaneously press the [Windows] and [Pause]
    2. Type cmd
    3. In the command prompt type
    a. cd / and press Enter
    b. cd "Program Files" and press Enter
    c. cd "Microsoft Security Essentials" and then press Enter
    d. MpCmdRun.exe-scan x-ScanType
    1. Replace x with:
    1. 0 default schedule MSE
    2. Quick Analysis 1
    3. 2 Analysis Complete
    e. Press Enter to start the scan

MSE default launches an update databases before each analysis definition, to disable this option, open Microsoft Security Essentials and then go to Settings and then uncheck "Verify that your virus definitions and software up to date before starting the automatic analysis "then click" Save Changes "
    Schedule analysis

1. Click on Start
    2. All Programs
    3. Accessories
    4. System Tools
    5. Task Scheduler

1. Create Basic Task
    2. Enter name such as MSE and then click Next
    3. Choose the frequency and click Next
    4. In the action part, select Start a program in action
    5. Copy and paste "C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Security Essentials \ MpCmdRun.exe" in box program / script
    6. In the box to add commands, type: x-scan-ScanType

To turn the fake "Microsoft Security Essentials", no need of 36 manipulations:
    -> Click on Start at the bottom left.
    -> All Programs.
    -> Accessories.
    -> System Tools.
    -> System Restore: restore you to a later date. Attention, the PC will reboot and then you will not have your desk, do not touch anything that is normal and your desktop will reappear after a few minutes.
    It over fake "Microsoft Security Essentials". I hope I was clear for beginners (including myself).
    Why do "simple" when it can be "complicated".

I'm having an issue with a game and it uses PunkBuster, for the multiplayer section and it's not allowing me to connect to their servers. I've gone through my firewall settings and the program is in the exceptions list. The admin suggested checking my anti virus program,Microsoft Security Essentials, to make sure it's allowing it to run through. How do I make sure it's being allowed to run, and and/or add it to the list to allow it to run?
    Last edited by Anduril79; 14-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril79 View Post
    I'm having an issue with a game and it uses PunkBuster, for the multiplayer section and it's not allowing me to connect to their servers. I've gone through my firewall settings and the program is in the exceptions list. The admin suggested checking my anti virus program,Microsoft Security Essentials, to make sure it's allowing it to run through. How do I make sure it's being allowed to run, and and/or add it to the list to allow it to run?
    Try to follow the below method to resolve your issue:

• First of all you have to make sure that you either disable your firewall (probably not a good idea) or allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe access to do things (McAfee has been known to automatically add these services to the block list).
    • Download pbsvc.exe, which is a utility to uninstall and reinstall PunkBuster.
    • Open pbsvc.exe and select Un-Install/Remove PunkBuster Service.
    • Open pbsvc.exe again and this time select Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service.
    • After installing, it will test your services. Make sure you get a "Test completed successfully without error." message. If not, then copy and paste the results of the test here.
    • Now download PBSETUP, which is a utility to update PunkBuster to the latest version. For Windows: pbsetup.exe
    • Open pbsetup.exe. It will probably have to check for updates, allow it to do that.
    • Click the "Add a Game" button at the top.
    • Select your game and make sure that the directory is correct.
    • Click the "Check for Updates" button at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by super cop View Post
    Try to follow the below method to resolve your issue:

• First of all you have to make sure that you either disable your firewall (probably not a good idea) or allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe access to do things (McAfee has been known to automatically add these services to the block list).
    • Download pbsvc.exe, which is a utility to uninstall and reinstall PunkBuster.
    • Open pbsvc.exe and select Un-Install/Remove PunkBuster Service.
    • Open pbsvc.exe again and this time select Install/Re-Install PunkBuster Service.
    • After installing, it will test your services. Make sure you get a "Test completed successfully without error." message. If not, then copy and paste the results of the test here.
    • Now download PBSETUP, which is a utility to update PunkBuster to the latest version. For Windows: pbsetup.exe
    • Open pbsetup.exe. It will probably have to check for updates, allow it to do that.
    • Click the "Add a Game" button at the top.
    • Select your game and make sure that the directory is correct.
    • Click the "Check for Updates" button at the top.
    So, MSE doesn't block anything on its own, it just an anti virus/malware protection program with no other firewalls and stuff built into it? My computer store installed MSE on this machine, not me, so I don't know my way around the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril79 View Post
    So, MSE doesn't block anything on its own, it just an anti virus/malware protection program with no other firewalls and stuff built into it? My computer store installed MSE on this machine, not me, so I don't know my way around the program.
    What happens when you disable Microsoft Security Essentials, does the game still gives the PunkBuster issue? On the game's Multiplayer screen you will see a PunkBuster checkbox near the bottom, under the list of servers. This checkbox is used to Enable and Disable the PunkBuster client. Hope that helps you out.