Thread: Windows 7 and Microsoft Virtual Network Problem

Windows 7 and Microsoft Virtual Network Problem

Hello,
    I have installed some success Windows 7 on Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 on my XP Home computer. Unfortunately I can not set up network with my host, even though both are in the same workgroup. At the moment, I see the Windows 7 computer in the workgroup computers, but can not access it because it is denied. Conversely, the XP computer will not even appear in the network under Windows 7. Can you please help me with this? Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 and Microsoft Virtual Network Problem

Before answering to your question, I have some questions for you. What folder did you Released in Windows 7 and XP? What do you have IP numbers in the respective computers? Because to set up the virtual network these settings are required first and that too they should be configured correctly.

I have a interesting question: Specific IP's I have not forgiven, I guess they are assigned automatically through DHCP. I also feel overwhelmed something, what would make adjustments for where? Date changed / I have only the DNS server addresses on 192.168.172.1 and 192.168.131.1, I think I do not have Internet access.

Hello!
    Thanks for the answer!. Yes I have, anyway on my host. At the moment I can not even see on host and guest to each other PC in the network". On the guest I see under Network as a network infrastructure. I guess it's up to the configuration of the selected network adapter. An idea like that have to be configured? Any more help would be appreciated.

Hello,
    Actually, it must not be configured in size. If the PC and the virtual PC have the same workgroup name, the network connections are active and the IP numbers are obtained automatically, then it should work. And just give the folder you want freely.