Thread: Indesign Post Script name changing to back up file name

Indesign Post Script name changing to back up file name

I am in a pre press workflow that necessitate to facilitate I write a post-script file to a hot folder. So saving as a post-script is the merely alternative for our entire workflow to take position. When saving the post script file from indesign, the name defaulting to the backup file name which is not comparable to the original file name. Most of them deal by means of a tremendously large number of pages and necessitate for this file name to stay the similar as the original not the back up. Physically putting these file names in is a serious possibility for error and takes too much time. Does anybody be familiar with how to protect the name from changing.

Re: Indesign Post Script name changing to back up file name

You be supposed to be posting to the InDesign or Acrobat discussion. Give pleasure to repost there giving them your version or description of InDesign and Acrobat. Detail you technique of generating the postscript file. You be supposed to be printing to file using the Adobe PDF printer instance. I merely recommend the InDesign forum, in view of the fact that the print dialog box in InDesign is not a standard Windows Print dialog box.

How are you generating or creating your backups and in what format. For illustration 'Save as'? When you do an export from Indesign the file determine to remember what you call it. I have comparable tribulations. Say a file is called 'Letterhead' and I export it to a PDF which is mechanically called 'Letterhead' too, and then I create my plates off that. Then somebody else opens it up and exports a PDF exclusive of bleeds and in the export dialog renames it 'Letterhead Proof'. Then when I the entire in excess of again export a final version or description by means of bleeds it remembers the most recent export name (and I forget to create certain it) and as an alternative of overwriting the plate file overwrites the proof file, leading to confusion and stuffed up jobs. So to get approximately that I try and create certain no one renames files on export, additional than rather renames the PDF. If they have renamed it doing an additional export by means of the original file name determine to make it sticky again.

I have comprised to solve my Mathtype font tribulations by avoiding their EPS format completely. After that you have to go ahead and save Mathtype-editable EPS or WMF, additional than then Select the entire copy, and paste into Illustrator. Save the AI file and Place that in Indesign as an alternative of the Mathtype EPS file. If you save the ID file subsequent to saving the ps or exporting, or anything, the name you immediately used is written into the file. If you save the file previous to doing those operations and close without saving subsequent to, changed names are not written.

The backup is completed mechanically by Indesign. It’s whatever the temporary file name is at that point. The files are twisted by a dissimilar production team so I encompass no control in excess of what it determines to be saved as the first time. I have comprised to do a "save as" post script file, exporting to pdf directly is not an alternative in our workflow it would not run.

If you have no control in excess of the original or innovative file you are not going to be capable to fix this, it determine to be their renaming on export that is mucking it up. Indesign does not save files mechanically as backups moreover, so you have got things occurring there that are not normal, perhaps the additional production team is doing this. In addition I am confused at how you be able to do a 'save as' to get a ps file additional than that's beside the point.

Is it probable to convert the Adobe InDesign file to a PostScript file. If Yes, Is there any API obtainable for JAVA to do that. Be able to we convert AdobePDF documents into PostScript folder and then convert it to an image in JAVA. I googled regarding it. Additional than I originate a small number of stuff using java 2D to convert PostScriptto Image. Additional than how to generate PostScript is my issue. Might anyone help me to locate an explanation for my 1st 2 points.