Thread: Problems while making a PDF in Indesign CS5

Problems while making a PDF in Indesign CS5

I have recently switched to an Adobe InDesign CS5 and there is something wrong happening with this software. Actually when i want to make a PDF from this software then i need to close the program and then reopen it before I can make a PDF. It is saying that it is working in the background but it keeps on spinning without creating it. Is there anybody having the same problem?

Re: Problems while making a PDF in Indesign CS5

Even i am having the same problem which you are currently facing while creating the PDF documents from an Adobe InDesign CS5. I have tried to search for the solution of this problem but did not got anything yet. So i would be glad if anybody can solve this problem problem as creating the PDF files are main part of my work this software is not letting me to do that.

There are many number of people having this issue with an InDesign and i guess i have found the solution for the same. Actually I have seen this problem with an older custom presets but i guess this could be causing because of the old presets but using a new default preset and modifying to the same settings seems to work fine.

There could be something wrong with the supportive files of an Adobe InDesign because of which this software would not be able to create files properly. I would like to ask you that are you getting this problem while creating other file formats as well or not. You may try to solve this problem by reinstalling the whole software on your machine.

I have found that if you are making an interactive PDF by using an Adobe InDesign then there is not a problem for exporting it. But if i am making a PDF document by using my own settings then it just lets me export it only once and then all other exports are there in the background tasks pane which does not starts up until force quit and re-export the file.

I have created the PDF files from File > Adobe PDF Presets > and there i picked up any of my custom settings in order to reduce the setup time. It can create the pdf document but problem would be with an Exporting. On an another side if i am using an Export option provided in File with the same Settings then it can export it without any problem.