Thread: File in use, cannot save in an InDesign CS4

File in use, cannot save in an InDesign CS4

I have installed an Adobe InDesign CS4 on my computer and i am getting an error saying that "File in use, cannot save file". I have rename all the time in order to save it. I am using Macintosh on my computer and i have found very dew people having this problem. What could be the problem here and how do i solve it?

Re: File in use, cannot save in an InDesign CS4

I think there would be some mistake have done while installing an Adobe InDesign on your Macintosh computer system. I suggest you to do the same thing on some other Macintosh system as if there would be some kind of incompatibility with the mac computers then this problem should be there as well. You may first try checking the same problem after reinstalling this on your mac system.

I would like to ask you some questions as what kind of network protocol has been used to connect your mac system with the server and does it matched with the others? Are you opening the files as originals or copies. Please make sure that you not doing Save As instead of doing Save. From when you are getting this error?

I think the file which you are trying to save from your InDesign would be currently used on some other application because of which you are getting such error. Anyway, I suggest you to restart your computer system and then open an InDesign and then open that same file on which you were getting this error. And save it, I do not think that you would be having the same error this time as well.

I have seen the same error on my machine but this error was coming when i was trying to save the PDF files from the InDesign. And there was only two options left for me that to rename the file or just delete the existing file to make the new one. This error is very frustrating but have not found any solution yet.

I guess there would be some kind of restrictions set on the PDF file which you are trying to save. It might happen that the the PDF files which you are trying to save are locked. I am not so sure about it but still you should check about the same or you may copy the content of the whole PDF to the new document and then make a new PDF file.

It might also happen that the drive in which you have saved this file would have been sharing some kind of data on a network . So please check that have you putted any of those folder on network sharing, If so then please remove it from there as there may some strange thing can happen. Anyway, I think you should also try the same by creating the new file on some other driver.