Thread: Indesign fitting image after placing

Indesign fitting image after placing

I am using Adobe InDesign and i have got very much experience for frame fitting options on image frames that are "loose" on a layout. I am facing problem with an images frames that are anchored in text. I am able to place an image but failing when i try for using scaling and the frame fitting option. I did not saw any error.

Re: Indesign fitting image after placing

I did not got it perfectly that what exactly you want to do. It would be better if you can explain it more simply and directly come to the point. As this Adobe InDesign is bit complicated and there are whole lot of functions to do out of which you are using and what you want to do? Explaining in more simple way would be helping other to help you.

Actually i want to bring an image in and then i am trying to anchor it in the bottom left corner and then is it possible to scale it to the 100%. What is happening now is that it comes in top left alignment with the 39%. I am not getting that why this Indesign scales an images? dimensions of the image are larger than the box. I have got bored by manually scaling it to the 100%. Is there any script for doing this job.

Your images are getting scaled because you are anchoring an images with such a options in the document. Simplest way to do this is to first place an image and then fit it with the frame. Now set the transform reference point of the layout window to bottom left then you have to set horizontal as well as vertical scale to the 100%.

InDesign’s frame fitting options. Select an image frame, then select an Object and go to the Fitting where you would be finding the Frame Fitting Options. You will be able to preset the way in which you want your graphics to fit while fitting it into the frame. This kind of feature is very much useful for the catalogs and magazines as they many images which are used in existing layout templates.