Thread: Adobe Air Skin Customization ...

Adobe Air Skin Customization ...

I am here to get some suggestion and i hope that you all will help me to sort out my problems , the fine members here can help me for this issue , I am getting stuck with some issues here and finding an absolute answer! Essentially, I am searching for some articles through which I can able to customize the standard skins of the Adobe Air ouput produced by RoboHelp 8. I have posted earlier with the same problem but the replies didn't come up with any actual replies ,I posted this here hoping to find something here . Can it be possible ?

Re: Adobe Air Skin Customization ...

I built an AIR application from my RoboHelp v7 WebHelp. It is working and seems very well and great. This is just that it didn't use the WebHelp skin that I have created . It woks with some of the default skin. Do you have any idea to modify the skin of my AIR application? When I launch the RH Packager for Adobe AIR, I always receive a dialog box raised up and says that "General Options - RoboHelp Packager for Adobe AIR" and it provides me some default skins, but this does not provide me the skin which I have created for my WebHelp. I know little bit about the FLEX, Can I be able to customize the skins with the help of this .

If you are really interested in the development of applications then you need to be aware about something . In this scenario, if you are not creating your application from scratch but rather working with the Adobe RoboHelp, you might need to look at their forums here where you can get a long description about every terms that can be used in the development specification, you need to take a look at the following link : http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp

This forum is specially maintained and implemented for AIR application development.

It is also possible to perform this through the Javascript and HTML. I got some suggestion from some experts and got that it is possible and Flex as well as but I don't have any idea right now .

If you are working this in java/html then you need to Open up your application.xml , Find <systemChrome>something</systemChrome> and just change something as none. Currently, your application contains no chrome. Commonly from there you have to just style and configure up your application as an html page with css ..

The common idea within the native application skinning is moving beyond service dependent applications to actually integrated with the desktop applications which leverages operating system dependent user experience expectations. When we take a look at the applications that we work with day to day, we create the expectations on how it seems attractive , functions with us. It becomes simple to tell the variations between the widget and a desktop application. There is primary thing for integration are color and style, integration of user interaction paradigms According to the operating system specific , and visual tools and implicit hot keys.