Thread: Run utorrent as a service

Run utorrent as a service

Hello,
    Bit torrent has become of the most used protocol on internet, why not this is the best way to download and upload data. I use the utorrent client and I am very happy with it. Now my question is that can I use the utorrent as an service on my windows server operating system. I need to do this as my client computers can also access the service. How can I do this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Run utorrent as a service

Using Windows services, be it a 2000, XP, NT4 or a server version of Windows, enables the automation of tasks independently of the existence of a user or not. We will see how to create a service on Windows XP to run a client to manage Torrent downloads without login. I'm not using that much detail Torrent client, but the reader may find more material to read on the net.

μTorrent is the torrent client lightest. It deserves to be in the form of a single executable, and setting it is quite clear. We will start with the install, parameterize and according to our preferences. Every once in order to run as a service, it is necessary to remove all windows or confirmation calls for the tool configured as a service does not block until a user interaction. On the other hand, since μtorrent will run as a service, we will configure it to save the finished files in a separate folder. It is still possible to configure it so that it is also manageable by its web interface, something that I will not address in this : the goal is to see how to create the service.

Srvany and Instsrv are two tools for Integrated Resource Kit from Microsoft (2000 or 2003) that create the desired service. In the literature there is the SC tool (command sc.exe) which also allows the creation of services but it is more demanding than the first two. For resource kit you can download from the Microsoft site. The section following summarizes the use of these tools for service creation. In summary:
    - We must create the service "empty" just by typing its name with the following command:
    Code:
    C: \ Program Files \ Resource Kit \ Instsrv.exe utorrent 
    C: \ Program Files \ Resource Kit \ Srvany.exe
    - Then you create the registry key containing the path of the executable
    - In the Services MMC (services.msc) select the startup mode to automatic or manual launch of service, and other parameters such as the account to use if necessary.

Hope this will help you.

I have a small problem when I open Internet disconnection μtorrent.
    Let me explain
    "I just changed my livebox
    - Every time I open μtorrent I find myself disconnected from the Internet every 2-3 minutes.
    I have tried to open ports on my livebox- I put in μtorrent personalized service, I used the TCP protocol, and I filled the box of the two ports and the IP address of the server, but when I click on submit I have a message error telling me to choose a service. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

1 - I do not know your exact problem. Still, it should not be very different.
    I advise you to read the tutorial for Inventel, for Emule but easily replicable for bittorrent. Theoretically, you just have to create two rules (TCP & UDP) with a dedicated port and local IP station where uTorrent is installed (sometimes the name of the computer too). Otherwise there is no need to touch the DMZ firewall rules or router in 95% of cases. For decorations, I think your customer uT is set incorrectly.

uTorrent - free client for networks BitTirrent (P2P), beneath a functioning OS Windows: 98/ME, NT/2000, XP, 2003 Vista. and the main differences uTorrent from other torrent-client is a small size with a rather large functional capacity and a simple, user-friendly interface. uTorrent is less than 220 KB on disk uses a minimum of system resources and not capricious gland to normal will work even on very old PC. I think uTorrent is the best torrent client for networks and not cause any difficulties when downloading movies, games and music with famous torrent tracker.

Features uTorrent:

• You can adjust the speed and download impact
    • Full configuration file caching disk
    • for uTorrent supports DHT and PeerExchange
    • Auto-download torrents from RSS feeds
    • Support the work through a proxy server and connect over HTTPS
    • Available encryption protocol
    • Supports Unicode and UPnP in all versions of Windows
    • The program's interface can be customized to your liking
    • Localization for 38 languages, including Russian
    • The program can run on Linux and Mac using Wine