Thread: Replacing Existing Reg Code

Replacing Existing Reg Code

Hi guys, you all have some suggestion regarding this, I have reinstalled the Reg Mechanic when I started upgraded to Windows 7 and I forget something and entered the outdated License code.This has been done just by mistake. When I used the Help tool - About - I do not getting any way to enter my current license code. It just suggest me that my License has been expired now and I require make it new again.

I have my recent License key and PCTools have made sure me through the email and it is current until Oct 2010 - how do I enter this new code? please reply me some possible suggestion as soon ...Thanks to all

I have uninstalled and reinstalled RM but it reinstalls with the old License code.

What to do?

change the Volume Licensing product key on a computer

I have searched a lot on different forums but I didn't got any help and after visiting from the official site, I put in registry mechanic in the search for. Anybody here get this to work? I have been working on this but I receive the error :

Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of the dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid????
    And I got another error when trying to resolve this issue. The error indicates as the runtime error "339"..

Re: Replacing Existing Reg Code

I need some information from you regarding this. There are some issues with your plugin compatibility and I think you need to know about some description regarding your plugin. Will you post me the description of your plugin. please post your plugin then I will consider about the effective solution ...

Yeah ! Obviously, I can provide you the description about the plugin that I ma using currently.

INF
    ; PE Builder v3 plugin INF file
    ;
    ; Registry Mechanic

[Version]
    Signature= "$Windows NT$"

[PEBuilder]
    Name="Registry Mechanic"
    Enable=1
    Help="RegMech.htm"

[WinntDirectories]
    a="programs\RegMech",2

[SourceDisksFiles]
    ; "files\RegMech.exe"=a,,1

[SourceDisksFolders]
    "files"=a

[Software.AddReg]
    ; HKLM\SOFTWARE
    ; add to Start Menu\Programs (XPE)
    0x2, "Sherpya\XPEinit\Programs", "Registry Tools\Registry Mechanic", "%SystemDrive%\programs\RegMech\RegMech.exe"

[SetupReg.AddReg]
    ; HKLM\SYSTEM
    Remaining files are stored in the installation Directory .....

Within the reg mechanic into the bartpe is pretty pointless. All this does is to edit your functional registry, that is not saved. The complete point of minint is that the registry is not stored and that it is unable to be hacked, intentially or otherwise after the registry is created .

Where as , it could be used as a common application within an already executing copy of windows, in which case, you would then keep common reg files to load and unload any registration data you might have. It should not be performed as a default components because some other might already have reg mechanic installed and you would trash their keys.

In such case, I would be much tempted to stick the thing into an "external" menu, so you don't use it within the minint but within a actual system. In such manner , you don't have to take the stress so much about dependencies, because they should all be there.