Thread: Maya problem on Snow Leopard

Maya problem on Snow Leopard

Hello,
    A few months ago I had purchased and iMac of 4MB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo. Now I have install Snow Leopard on it. I want to use Maya on it, but it problem is that when I install maya all the fonts and appearance of the desktop is changed. Does Snow Leopard support Maya or not? Do I have to install some other programs that is drivers or something like that? Thank you.

Re: Maya problem on Snow Leopard

Every thing works find on my computer, until I start to render maya, then after a few seconds turns the fan up and the computer goes into sleep mode. When I awaken it again, it freezes when I try to continue the rendering, it must be restarted. looks to me as if something is wrong with the maya, though I am not sure of this. Has anyone here experience with Maya on a MacPro? Any more help on this is appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, it seems that currently the massive graphics problems in Snow Leopard to give: CG Talk Thread It is for Mac users, who are faced with a new purchase, so just pretty horrible to use, Maya, because new devices now come with Snow Leopard. The only way to get around the problem would be to buy a used unit that still runs on Leopard but already has an Intel processor, because on a Power PC running Maya from 2009 version are just hanging. - Or just boot camp, because on Windows, the problem seems not to exist, this is what I have heard.

More than a year when I bought an Intel MacBook Pro, I looked for a while before I even found a remaining stock, which was originally shipped with Tiger. They were indeed already been upgraded to Leopard, but it was possible back Tiger to do it. I was told that the system completely new with Leopard can not be retracted. Is there any solution for this.

I've been about a year, Maya 2008 / 2009 / 2010 running on the MacPro with a GeForce 8800 GT on OSX 10.5.7: absolutely no problems. With Snow Leopard, I would wait until Autodesk gives the green light. Long I had let Maya 2008/2009, under Boot Camp WinXP run 32nd To 64 bit I can not comment. I am still practicing until everything is standard. I'm glad now to have everything under OSX.