Thread: Modeling Issues

Modeling Issues

Hello to all,
    I have recently started learning 3D animation. I have able to create my first 3D model without any problem. I am tried to make female body. I able to make it's head but whenever I tried to add some more information whole topology get modified. I don't know how to fix this problem. Please help me with Modeling Issues. Thank you.

Re: Modeling Issues

From your information I unable to understand your exact problem. If you are able to post your a wireframe of your torso then it will be helpful for me to understand your problem. I want to see edge flow of your female body. I would recommended you to try to understand other models and their wireframes.

Hey first tried to work without mesh smoothing. If you want good results then you have to build a solid mesh base. From your information it seems that you are having extra edges and that's why you are getting such type of problem. due to this extra edges you are having problem. Just try to post a screen without smoothing. It will help us to understand problem.

first look at your own hand. You will find that it is completely straight. You will ind that all the edgeflow is going in 1 straight direction. Now move your palm of your hand face the ground. You will find that it's radius has twisted which is causes your forearm to rotate 90. Now same procedure you have to the 2d animation.

As per my knowledge you are confusing N-gons with poles and that's why you are getting such type of problem. An N-gon has poly face with 5 o it can also have more sides. You may also have refer to poles. Three, five or more are the areas of the topology. These are very important to understand. This is because they are used to move all your grid.

I think there is some problem in the camera view. From your diagram it seems that you are tried to make the reflection more obvious. Which is normally done with adding some cool light reflections, mirror frame. It makes sonic more visible by moving frame around very slowly. Try to pick colours that can differentiate two characters.