Thread: Vob file not working properly when saved

Vob file not working properly when saved

Hi,
    I am finding some issue dealing with Vob file on my PC. I have a DVD movie in which I am trying to get all the videos in mpeg. I am not sure of using the format in which way. Which format is better for conversion. Mpeg or avi. In my case I am no longer able to see the substitles. How to recover them from DVD. I am using Studio 9 software right now to rip the videos.

Re: Vob file not working properly when saved

Th easy way of fixing this issue can be just changing the extension of the video file. Like if you have a extracted file from your DVD on your hard drive then jus enter the video file folder and change the extension of the same to .mpeg or .avi. Many time this formats are quiet readable by windows media player. But if you want to create a common video disc for all player then you will need to use a proper software.

Try Nerovision Express tool for that. This i a free tool to rip movies from disc. It is a very simple tool for beginner to create a DVD video disc which is readeabl in most of the video players. Insert your disc, run the software and then click on create DVD. Then click on Add files and then click on Edit Movies. AFter then click on Send To choose the DVD location and done.

VOB stands for DVD Video Object. Convert DVD to AVI, please install the DVD player such as PowerDVD Player or WinDVD Player for the decoder VOB. If the VOB file was encrypted, the program does not convert DVD to AVI with success. If you do not install the avi video or audio encoder such as DivX, XviD you want, please install the encoder first and then launch Video Converter, click the Open Video button select to convert VOB VOB to AVI.

A DVD is a digital video disc which is burnt on various codec support. It is a type of optical media which not only stores data but various multimedia format. But the DVD Video Vob is something different. If the DVD is encrypted then you cannot rip data out of it. This is mostly common on movie disc. You can use any ready made tool for that. But this fails on anti piracy disc.

I have a similar issue. In the first pass I had used strainghtthe .avi format. In the second option I had seen the multipass option and saved the avi file, but that was without running compression. You can do the same and in the codec you choose Multipass. You must need to know some codec knowledge on this. I had done this using Virtual Dub Audio tool.

It is impossible, a VOB is compressed, and AVI is also compressed, but differently. Unless you do the RAW uncompressed format of the file which is very huge in size. I am using a VOB to AVI direct to converter and the burn the disc in Nero. I create my own menus in it. If you have a nice and advance video editing software than this might be of great help.