Thread: Xvid rendering problem

Xvid rendering problem

I have some xvid avi files that causing some issues. When I try to watch them using several players such as (zoom, media player classic, WMP) they either completely getting freeze my OS and I have to restart the PC, or occasionally they play but so worst and I am unable to watch them clearly with the cpu usage of the player at very maximum levels.

I have used GSpot to render the file and find out what codec is currently applied. 4cc = xvid as does name. When I render the file it suggest this for "video path" - (S) --> AVI Splitter --> XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder --> (R)

Media player is only the player that will play the files assumes to Video LAN - that I believe uses its own codecs , but even then. It is only sometimes and other times it also getting freezes my PC. I can't replicate the freeze using any of my other files (several mpeg, indeo and divx formats) and my system is stable in different method . Both of the files were downloaded from the internet . I have entertained the possibility that the only two xvid files i have ever d/ld are entire destroyed but it treated as a little coincidental. If someone is aware where I can download a clean test file please let me know....

Xvid rendering problem

Hello dude,

I have some suggestion for you that can be helpful for you and I wish it can solve your issue. You could either create a clean testfile for yourself or even good and perform the scanning procedure of these files with virtualdubmod for errors!

It can be some through this procedure. So, just open the avi in vdmod => video and then move for the option of scan for stream errors!!!!!!

Thanks..

Xvid rendering problem

Thanks for your quick reply . I don't have virtualdubmod and need it now, but I do have the newest version of the main virtualdub, and used that to open the file. It displayed no errors on the file .

At my first attempt, it opened, played in an extremely jerky fashion and hogged my CPU and then I turned o exit from it and opened it again and it froze my OS entirely as with the different file and mouse id not moving and number lock also. I am working with W2K SP4 on a PIII 500mhz with 512MB of RAM with a 32mb Nvidea video card and it doesn't have good appropriate a spec? I tried using vdub to change the compression from xvid to divx4 on the offending file, saved a section of it and played it back and that performed well, so i have left my machine converting the entire movie to divx. I am able to use this as a workaround now but still in the confusion that why I am unable to play any xvid movies!

star Xvid rendering problem

Hi friend,

You need to be aware about that the 500mhz are not so much capable to enable the playback of high resolution mpeg-4 formats.It uses another method to deal with these types of files, that's why it is going on like this. The xvid in particular does not execute as smooth as divx. Thanks ...

Xvid rendering problem

OK,I got it that it would perform as you said . Certainly it would describe the jerky playback. I would not expect complexity of processing power to properly freeze the OS completely but fine, you just live and get !

One thing that I for git to mention that PC specs . I think, I will just convert any movies and I can only find in vidx to divx or different formats before playing them - the check. I did displayed little lack of perceivable quality but then I don't even own a DVD player and using to play on only on a 17" computer screen, so what do I know!!!

Thanks for you help.

Avi file rendering problem

Hi guys,

I am newbie here and getting some issues into the codec stuff untill I downloaded the videos that I am unable to play in any of the players or analyzers. I tried on the listed things ....

players...mpcstar, divx, vlc,
    converters...total video conv, tmpgenc, nero
    others....virtualdub, klite pack, winhex

I also tried on some other different and you can say at everyone of those that I know about but shows up except in winhex I got zeros in starting but several characters in between each software displays unsupported type, how can I play It. Any help would you suggest for me..???