Thread: Ovi Player Installation Failed

Ovi Player Installation Failed

I am using Nokia 5800XM and as well as I want to integrate another software as a suit but named as Ovi suit but not satisfied with that new Ovi Suite. It doesn't sync or even display the content of my Music on my phone , it just occurring some error.

The main thing is that I am unable to find out any method to explore my phone in "PC Suite Mode" and not getting any way to transfer music or files directly to one folder through Ovi Suite. Why it's going on ? and the primary thing is that " I can't install Ovi Player. It simply fails to install and there even is not an explanation or summary why it has failed ".
    Last edited by Roasted; 17-04-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Which one OS you are using right now to make operation on the Nokia device because there may be some problem with the compatibility issue with the current running OS.

There are so many users complained that they are unable to use it on windows 7 so just be sure which type of problem you are getting and what the error exactly you are receiving from the device connection.

You need to check out here also for more details about the installation of your Ovi player. This is the suggested link here :

http://blog.ovi.com/2009/11/12/welco...ia-ovi-player/

This is my suggestion that the installation of Ovi Player is getting failed because of the configuration if some previous files and registry left during the uninstall of Nokia Music. I would suggest you to install Ovi Player from this link, and exit from all of the Nokia related applications before proceeding installation.

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/...pOviPlayer.exe

If you start the installation and it gets failed then you need to try to remove it from the system with the suggested instructions.

1. Choose Run command to click on the Start Menu and type “cmd” to open the command prompt.
    2. From the command line type the following:

cd C:\Program Files\Nokia\Ovi Player
    NokiaOviPlayer.exe /command:uninstall all and press enter

3. Form the “Add/Remove Programs” for window (XP) or “Programs and Features” window (Vista) choose Nokia Ovi Player and click on Remove/Uninstall.
    4. Wait until the completion of uninstall procedure and restart your system if you you prompted to do.

OK, if you have uninstalled it completely then you need to install it again and if going on well then no problem. Choose the appropriate procedure to uninstall it and if you are not getting the exact solution then try to check the purity of your backup that you have taken. Check your backup that you have downloaded or stored in your system.