Thread: Not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7

Not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7

I have purchased an Alienware M11x recently and it was working fine, when I was working with the Windows Vista operating system. Now that I have done an upgradation to Windows 7, I am facing a problem in my system. The issue is that I am not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7. Actually, the option for the restore is not available in my system. I cannot understand why this is happening. Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Incompatibility problem between Alienware M11x and Windows 7

I can assure you that there is an incompatibility problem between Alienware M11x and Windows 7. This is the reason why you are not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7. I suggest you to run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system to confirm that this is an incompatibility problem or not. If this particular component is shown as incompatible, then I am afraid, since there are no solutions for the same.

Quit using Windows 7

I recommend may of the users to quit using Windows 7, so that they can be away from the problems like not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7. You have mentioned that it was working fine with Windows Vista, so why not use the same. The features of Windows 7 and Windows Vista are similar. So, degrade the operating system to Windows 7 and the issue will be thus, resolved.

Install proper and compatible drivers

There is a need to install proper and compatible drivers. This is so because the issue that you are not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7 seems to be causing as there are some sorts of conflicts in the system with respect to the drivers. Also, get rid of the incompatible applications and programs from the system because they cause cause problems to other activities in the system.

Re: Not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7

If you are not able to restore Alienware M11x in Windows 7, then I suggest contact the officials to sort out the particular issue. Another option is to call an engineer, as he would be able to know what is actually causing the problem and thus, provide the correct solutions for the problems being caused. It is quite better than to play with your system by yourself.