Thread: How to check if SSD and TRIM have all windows 7 functions working?

How to check if SSD and TRIM have all windows 7 functions working?

Hello friends,
    I am having doubt that all the functions of SSD and TRIM are not working properly in Windows 7. I have already checked the defrag schedule and the ssd is not listed - so it is recognized by Windows 7 as SSD. I just want to make confirm that all functions of it are working properly. So please tell me how to check if SSD and TRIM have all Windows 7 functions working? Help me as early as possible.

Re: How to check if SSD and TRIM have all windows 7 functions working?

Over time, the performance of some DSSs have indeed tend to fall sharply because the NTFS is not really suited to this type of material, but rather the conventional magnetic hard disks. That's why Microsoft has built into the operating system Windows 7 a new feature, called Trim, which allows to manage the wear of cells natively by the file system. Windows 7 itself is capable of knowing where to store the files on the SSD which reduces the number of entries and thus increase the performance and lifetime of the SSD. Obviously, this feature Trim present in Windows 7 must also be supported by the DSS and its firmware to operate.

If you want to check their state, you can use the following registry :
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters

You can try to check if the SSD has been properly detected by looking in Disk Defragmenter :
    • Open Disk Defragmenter
    • Click the Configure schedule button
    • Click the Select disks button

Support Trim function is precisely the purpose of this update intended for Super Talent SSD series UltraDrive THE SATA-II 25 and ME UltraDrive SATA-II 25. With this firmware numbered 1370, performance with Windows 7 is actually supposed to be heavily revised upwards with maximum flows passing to 260 MB / sec read and 200 MB / sec for SATA-II THE UltraDrive 25 in writing or even 210 MB / sec for SATA-II UltraDrive ME 25.

There are some tools that are designed to help better manage and maintain the performance of the Intel SSD. So, they allow users to more effectively monitor and manage the status of your SSD. The firmware update and the Intel SSD Optimizer uses Windows 7 ATA Data Set Management Command, known as Trim, to help keep these discs to high constant returns to work. In addition, SSD Toolbox and Optimize also allow improvements to work with Windows XP and Vista, respectively.