Thread: codec error telling me to play in windows media player

codec error telling me to play in windows media player

Hello to all,
    I am having this problem from last week. Codec error telling me to play in windows media player while playing any avi file. After this error it redirect to Microsoft Codec Download Page. I don't know for what reason this error is coming. I have macbook pro which has Mac OS X installed on it.
    Thank you.

Re: codec error telling me to play in windows media player

It is bad to say that, but VLC media player does not include any type of error message that tell to you to use Windows Media Player. I never get such type of error message. I think you are getting some other type of error message and you have ignored it. Just try to play that movie again and see exactly what error you get. Just note down that error and post here.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your that avi file which are you trying to play in your VLC media player and that's why you are getting such type of strange error. Just try to play another type of video file in your computer and check whether you get same type of error or not. If you didn't get same error, then it means that your old avi file is faulty one.

I didn't understand what are you trying to say. I never heard such type of problem. Can you give me more information about it. So that I can help you to solve your problem very easily. More information means, if you give some part of your video file then it will help me to solve such type of problem.
    please also specify which type of version you are using.

From your information it seems that your VLC media player is get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to install new version of VLC media player in your computer to fix this problem. Just download and install new version of it.
    I hope my suggestion will help you.