Thread: How to select the Styles in OpenOffice.org?

How to select the Styles in OpenOffice.org?

Hi everyone,
    I have just started with the OpenOffice.org, so I am not having much information about it. I have completed the basics that involves the editing of documentation and other things. I want to do work on the styles, so I want to study more about it. Can anyone out there tell me how to select the Styles in OpenOffice.org? Please reply me as early as possible.!!

Re: How to select the Styles in OpenOffice.org?

The styles are available through a floating or dockable window called Styles and Formatting. This window is central to the management styles. To open the Styles and Formatting window, do one of the following :
    1. Click on the icon (like papersheet) located at the left end of the formatting bar.
    2. Select Format> Styles and Formatting.
    3. Press F11.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

The first five icons at the top of the Styles and Formatting window to select the category on which styles you want to work. Click on an icon to display the list of styles in this category, such as paragraph styles or character, in the main window. To apply a character style to existing text, select the text and double click the style name in the list of character styles. To apply a different style, put the cursor in the paragraph, frame or page you want to edit and double click the style name in the relevant section. You can select more than one paragraph or more of a framework and apply the same style at once.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

The sixth icon at the top of the Styles and Formatting window, active mode Any complete. Use the fill all mode to apply a style to several different areas quickly without having to return to the Styles and Formatting window and double click each time. This method is useful to format several paragraphs, words or other elements scattered throughout the document with the same style and can be easier to use than first doing a multiple selection and then apply the style to each them.
    Blessings to you

The following steps are used to fill mode all :
    1. Open the Styles and Formatting window and select a style.
    2. Click on the icon mode while filling .
    3. To apply a paragraph style, page or frame, hover over the paragraph, page or frame with the mouse and click. To apply a character style, hold the mouse button while selecting characters. Click on a word applies the character style to the word.
    4. Repeat step 3 until you have made any changes to the style.
    5. To exit any complete, click the icon again or press Esc.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Use the first function of this button to create a new style from the formatting of an object in the current document. For example, you can change the formatting of a paragraph or frame until it appears as you wish, you can then change the formatting of this object into a new style. This procedure can save time because you do not remember all the formatting settings you want, as required when creating a new style in the Styles and Formatting window. In addition, you can immediately see what will look when the objects are formatted with the style you create, instead of formatting parameters in the tabs of the dialog box.