Thread: MS Word is Slow to Start, Print, or Load Documents!

MS Word is Slow to Start, Print, or Load Documents!

Hi friends,
    I am having Windows XP as operating system and had installed Microsoft Office 2003 in it. The problem is that whenever I try to open the documents of MS Office, it takes long time to get opened. Not only it also take much time while printing and loading the documents.!! I have tried many things but still the documents take long time to open. Please give me some solution for the MS Word which is Slow to Start, Print, or Load Documents.!! Help me as soon as possible.

Re: MS Word is Slow to Start, Print, or Load Documents!

This problem can occur when one of the following conditions is met :
    • Microsoft uses a Windows printer driver that is on a network print server, instead of a local printer driver on your hard drive. When using a remote printer driver, you may find that changing your printer settings default requires more time and, in some cases, Word prints documents more slowly than expected.
    • Word is installed on your computer, but the application was run from the network. When the computer is not connected to the network, opening documents is time consuming.
    • The fonts used in the Word document are damaged or are not installed on the system, and Word can not substitute other fonts in the document.

When you start Word, the application gathers the information necessary for formatting and printing the document. If the files, drivers or fonts are damaged or missing, or if they are on a remote server, Word may take longer to connect to the server and gather the necessary information. I would like to recommend you to scan your system by updated antivirus. Because there are chances of getting system slow after infecting from the virus. Maybe doing that can fix your issue.

Remove and reinstall your printer driver using a local port. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. Close all Windows applications.
    2. Click Start, point to Settings, then click Printers.
    3. Click the right mouse button on the printer, then click Delete on the shortcut menu. The following message appears:
      • Are you sure you want to delete the printer 'printer name'?
    4. where 'printer name' is the name of the default printer installed.
    5. Click Yes.
    6. Another message may appear when you delete the printer driver :
      • Some files used by this printer are no longer needed. Would you like to delete these files now?
    7. If this message appears, click Yes.
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Since you are using the Microsoft Windows XP, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, then click Printers and Faxes.
    2. Double-click Add Printer to start the Add Printer Wizard, then click Next.
    3. Click Local printer, clear the checkbox "Automatically detect and install", then click Next.
    4. Click Create a new port, click Local Port in the Port type section.
    5. In the Port Name box, type the path to the printer using the following format where server is the server name and printer is the printer name:
    6. \ \ Server \ printer
    7. Click Next, then select a Windows 2000 or Windows XP to the printer.
    8. Click Next, then follow the instructions to complete the wizard.
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

To rename or delete the Word Data key in the Windows registry, follow these steps :
    1. Close all Windows applications.
    2. Click Start, then Run.
    3. In the Open box, type Regedit and click OK.
    4. Open the following registry key for your version of Word :
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 11.0 \ Word
    5. Under the Word key, click the Data subkey.
    6. In the Edit menu, click Rename or Delete.
    7. Click Yes if the following message appears:
    8. Are you sure you want to delete this key?
    9. In the Registry menu, click Exit.
    10. Start Word.

The Key Word Data Registry stores information specific to the printer installed. To remove the printer information from Word, rename or delete the Word Data key in the Windows registry. When you restart Microsoft Word, Word rebuilds the Data key automatically.
    Blessings to you