Thread: SmartDefrag cannot defrag my Hard disk

SmartDefrag cannot defrag my Hard disk

i am using the SmartDefrag application on my windows 7 system. I am facing a weird problem while i am trying to defrag my hard disk using the smartdefrag application. I am not aware what is the matter behind this problem and i want to get rid of this problem as soon as i can. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: SmartDefrag cannot defrag my Hard disk

It appears as you simply started the defragmentation process without any sort of adjustment in the your application. Since the application is built in such a way that it will not defrag the pagefile on its own on every booting. If you want to defrag the pagefiles too then set it accordingly in the SmartDefrag application.

You have not mentioned the error message that you are getting while performing the disk defragmentation on your hard drive. The error message will help to identify the problem associated with the system. Also try to perform a check disk with i think that this should also help you to solve this issue.

Thanks for replying me in this regard whenever i use the SmartDefrag file in order to defragment the hard drive it will not defragment the hard drive perfectly is it because i am having some video files which are comparatively larger or due to some other reason. please help me to get rid of this error.

It seems as the SmartDefrag application is not much powerful it has some bugs like this and hence i would suggest you to install some other utilities or application for achieving the defragmentation of the hard drive. The Glary utility is also one of the best defragmentation tool it also provides you some additional apart from the defragmentation.

It will be better if you go for the defragmentation manually. Open the Control Panel and there select System and click tha Advance Tab. Now select Settings Under Performance and then click the advance tab. After that select change within the virtual memory. This should solve the defragmentation process.