Thread: Imgburn killed my cd drive

Imgburn killed my cd drive

I am using dell inspiron laptop running with windows 7. I am using the imgburn application for burning all my files to cd. When i was burning a cd last night it suddenly stopped at some point and hence i had to abort the program forcefully. After about half an hour i got an error message be patient ". I think that Img burn killed my drive

Re: Imgburn killed my cd drive

I don't know how are you very much certain that your cd drive had been killed if you are not able to write a single cd why do you think that the cd drive is killed first of all i would advise you to try once again this time with a different cd from a different brand although you can try and then post the result so that i can reply you again.

Have you tried to burn a cd with the help of a different application program because you have not mentioned that you have tried this with a different application or a different computer may be you have a number of processes running in the background on your system. try to close all that and then try again.

As far as i know none of the software can damage or kill any sort of hardware it cannot even change its functionality. I think that you are trying to write with a cd brand which is not compatible with the cd drive. Have you tried changing your brand and then burning it once again. I hope this should definitely help you.

Thanks for replying me but the problems persists still i tried burning a cd with my cd writer but it seems of no use i also i tried to burn the cd on a different computer i checked for an application which may be running on the background but could not find one i think that there is a problem with the cd writer itself.

It appears as you are having problem with the cd writer itself so i will suggest you to reconnect the cd drive with the mother board again and then try writing to the cd if this does not solve your problem then the best possible option is to get your cd writer checked from the service center and get it repaired there.