Thread: Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Recently I installed the latest version of MSN on my vista ultimate machine. The installation was fine but after launching the software I got an error message saying that "Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". I also noticed that if I dont send the error report to the support site, the messenger seems to runs fine without any errors. But still that error will remain on the screen and if i click send report then the messenger will automatically close? I have even tried to uninstall all messengers and msn plus and reinstalled it again but again I get the same error message. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

Re: Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is a genuine problem with the skins that you might have installed on your vista machine which is conflicting with the Messenger 2009 cause it is compatible with it. You can however run it in compatibility mode by just right clicking on it and then selecting "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1). You might also be interested by looking here on how to solve Windows Live Communications Platform error message.

Re: Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess this problem also occurs due to some malware attacks that might have infected your system. The infected files might be causing the system not to launch. You can try using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which is a very handy freeware malware destroyer. After doing a full scan from the Malwarebytes try to install the Windows Live Communications Platform Softwares again and that should solve your issue.

You can also try to do a system restore to a state in which your pc was running fine. To do so just Click on Start then click on Programs then Accessories - System Tools - System Restore. There you have to select a date which might in bold letters and everything will be fine.

You can also use combofix to remove viruses, malwares, etc; it is a free software and you can get it easily by doing a google search. You just have to run the software and let it do its cleaning and after that you will have a very healthy pc in the end.

Below are some tips to run Windows Live Communications Platform without any issues on your pc:

1. If you have any antivirus or anti spyware programs then disable it or disable its "real-time" protection. Enable Windows Firewall and disable any third party firewall if you have installed.

2. Try to uninstall Windows Live Mail with the option Add/Remove Programs and after a succesful uninstall, restart your computer.

3. Again repeat the tips given in step no. 1.

4. Open internet explorer and go to http://get.live.com and install Windows Live Mail and restart.

You will soon see that Windows Live has been installed on your pc and running fine without any issues.

Here is way how solved this issue:

1. First go to Start then All Programs then Windows Blinds and Run windows blinds
    2. Under settings, choose per application
    3. Add per application setting (its a button)
    4. Locate: c:\program files\windows live\contacts
    5. Choose wlcomm.exe
    6. Check mark: ignore this application and do not skin it
    7. Click OK

After doing this under windows blinds, apply settings, exit windows live, and reopen, enjoy! Hope that helps.