| || |
Join Date: Aug 2005
Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working
Repair the error message "Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working".
You have installed Windows Live Messenger 9, and since you can not connect to MSN?
This strong message Windows Live Messenger by displaying the message: "Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close
Attention users of F-Secure firewall:
- Close Messenger
- First make sure you have no skin or themes on XP or Vista. The Skins are not compatible with Messenger 2009. (Windows Blinds) (Windows Blinds)
- Go to C: \ Program Files \ Windows Live \ Contacts \ and right click on the file wlcomm.exe then "Properties."
- In the "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1).
The "Remote Access Control" blocks the normal connection of Windows Live Messenger. It is advisable to disable this module, pending an update to that.
Note that F-Secure comes in the pack of Orange safety. Attention users of AVG
The AVG Web Shield can prevent Messenger 9 to connect properly as well. It is advisable to disable it and change firewall until a patch. This software is included in the pack of nine security. If you use Windows XP WindowsBlinds:
- Go to "Settings" then "Change the look of the app" => "Add per application setting".
- Click "Browse" and navigate to the folder "C: \ Program Files \ Windows Live \ Contacts" and select "wlcomm.exe.
- In the window that opens, in the "Total Exclusion", check "Ignore this application."
- Confirm with "OK".
- Restart Windows Live Messenger.