Thread: ODIN Application doesn't work in Windows 7

ODIN Application doesn't work in Windows 7

I have a dell inspiron laptop installed with windows 7 Release candidate. I have upgraded my system from windows vista which was also a good operating system. All applications except ODIN Diet client are running in harmony with the system. This is an application which is used as a trading terminal for Indian exchanges provided by Financial Technologies. It runs smoothly with wi-fi or wireless connection. But whenever i use a data card the application results into error. why the Odin client is not working. Help me

Re: ODIN Application doesn't work in Windows 7

This problem seems quiet weird to me and hence i would like to know which data card are you using have you installed the data card drivers on windows 7 or you are simply trying to use the data card with the existing drivers. Open the device manager and check whether is there any driver missing and then reply again.

As far as i know this is not due to a driver issue it might be possible that you device is not compatible with the windows 7 operating system and hence try to run the application in windows XP compatibility mode i think that this will help make the ODIN diet application to run on your system try it.

I will advise you to run the odin diet application in the compatibility issue. For this you need you right click on the program and click Troubleshoot Compatibility. If the problem exists still then you must try to update the drivers of the data card from the manufacturer's official website and try to close all running applications.

I faced the similar kinda issue with my windows 7 too. i tried a lot off stuffs including checking errors for setsockopt but this could not help me so i finally decided yo install the virtual PC + Windows XP mode and to my surprise it started working. what made it to work i don't know but solved my problem.

The Odin Diet 9 results in to error while connecting to the server via the data card in windows 7. This is because windows 7 handles the datacard quiet differently with respect to the windows vista. As far as i know there is no solution to this problem use it with the dsl connection till the software vendor come with a solution.

I am using bsnl broadband odin is not working in Windows 7please give solution to solve the problem.