Thread: Win 7 & Pictures Library

Win 7 & Pictures Library

I was surprised and disappointed that it is not possible to open a folder of images in the Picture Library and for example, take one or more images in the list and perform a drag and drop function in the open folder. This is a pretty rudimentary function, my goodness! Please don't tell me I'm going to have to add virtual XP so I can utilize Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I'm not asking for comprehensive image editing capabilities; that is what CS2 is for - just the ability to shuffle images around. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Richard

Re: Win 7 & Pictures Library

If you are not able to use the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to shuffle and work with the images in Win 7 & Pictures Library, then I suggest you to use PICASSA. This is a very good software that allows you to perform these types of tasks. Picassa also provides the features for editing the images as well as making the images look better if it is blur. So, it will provide many aspects that the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is not able to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    If you are not able to use the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to shuffle and work with the images in Win 7 & Pictures Library, then I suggest you to use PICASSA. This is a very good software that allows you to perform these types of tasks. Picassa also provides the features for editing the images as well as making the images look better if it is blur. So, it will provide many aspects that the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is not able to provide.
    Thanks for the response. Personally, I find Picassa cumbersome to work with. I have tried it. I am acquainted with ACDSee however, and may break down and purchase this photo manager. I'm really not tasking a photo manager with doing much editing. Organizing: moving and shuffling is what I want to do. Then of course I can migrate over to Photoshop. That's why Window Picture and Fax viewer in XP was so handy.

I have read that the developmental costs incurred in building Vista came to around 5 billion dollars. What did we get for this? Michele McDonough just wrote and illuminating article titled: "Eight Things to Hate in Windows 7". There are some things that I do like about 7 (and so does she), but the lack of even a minimal photo editor is not one of them.
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 27-12-2009 at 06:08 AM. Reason: External Link Removed. Read Forum Rules.

There are many other good picture managers are available, like see thread : Which is the Best Image or Picture viewer? , ACDSee see good one and its have drag and drop function which you talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by abedin View Post
    There are many other good picture managers are available, like see thread : Which is the Best Image or Picture viewer? , ACDSee see good one and its have drag and drop function which you talking about.
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded a trial version of ACDSee. I like what I see... I wince a little bit at having to throw down $49 US.

Richard