Thread: Class diagram software

Class diagram software

Hello,
    Somebody knows open source software (compatible with ubunto) which generated class diagram (UML) from a backup of the database file (. sql)? I mostly work on sql so I need to take the back regularly. Any advice or suggestion on this. Thank you for your help

Re: Class diagram software

Hi
    Somebody knows open source software (compatible with ubunto) which generated class diagram (UML) from a backup of the database file (. sql)?
    I think this is the software which you are looking for DBDesigner / MySQL Workbench. This is a software from Sun, I can not remember the name of the latest version so I put the last name and former name. I think you should not have any problem in downloading it. I hope it will help.

Hi
    The class diagram is related to the classifiers and not to a database. One can see a diagram of the structure of its database but is not a class diagram. To go to class diagram it is the party mapping between diagram database to class diagram. Mapping happens first when generating annotated Java code that is then transferred and mapped in step 2 in UML. So, please be clear with the concept first. Good luck.

Hello,
    Hi
    There BOUML it is free and is compatible ubuntu reverse. I think you should try this. For more information please check the official site of bouml. You can laso get the latest available download there. It allows you to easily reverse and generates all the classes, their attributes and operations. Simply create a class diagram and do the drag and drop and it draws itself. Personally it's been a while that I used it and I find it very good. Hope this will help you. Any more queried do post back.