Thread: Missing VMM32.VXD error in Windows

Missing VMM32.VXD error in Windows

Hi,
    I have a old Windows PC. It was gifted and it works fine. The system has stop working now. When I boot the computer it shows up a error of some missing vmm32.vxd file. I restarted that many times but no success yet. It has some important data in it. How can I fix this problem and revert my data back from him. Thanks in advance.

Re: Missing VMM32.VXD error in Windows 95

It is a important system file which is destroyed. The only way to repair your operating system is to re-install Windows back in it. There is no other way to fix it. Windows 95 is a old operating system. It also does not supports new recovery features what the newest version has. The file is created by the system at the time of installation.

You can retrieve your data by connecting the hard drive of the system to a working system. By this you can copy paste the entire files from the hard drive and get your data backup. The Windows can be restored by installation. It is a system file which is created in the Windows program. You cannot add that manually or use a third party tool to create the same.

It is the file which stores device drivers in your system. When the error comes up then it means that the file is corrupted. It is used in older revision ls of Windows like the one you are using right now. Boot your system in safe mode. If you have taken a backup of your Windows registry then it can help. Otherwise try to re-install your Windows back to resolve the issue.