Thread: Can't open documents on Winword online

ohmy Can't open documents on Winword online

I have Windows Vista and trying to open a document on line, but I can't open it via winword. Can anyone help me please. I need a document urgently.. Thanks All :-)

Re: Can't open documents on Winword online

HI,

Can you tell me which extension of the file you are trying to open? Can you provide some more information. And which versions office you are using ?
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil

smile Re: Can't open documents on Winword online

Thank you for your quick reply. I am using Vista Home Premium, Word 2003 and just changed from 32 bit cpu to 64-bit - if this may make a difference. Please let me clarify something, I attempted to open a file containing data; opening the file only gave me one option - winword - but the document came in not in data format. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by carolegene64 View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply. I am using Vista Home Premium, Word 2003 and just changed from 32 bit cpu to 64-bit - if this may make a difference. Please let me clarify something, I attempted to open a file containing data; opening the file only gave me one option - winword - but the document came in not in data format. Thanks again.
    Carole,

See if you can download the document, and another thing would be that document must be in MS Word 2007 format, that would be the reason you are not able to open the document in the current ms word.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You can download this pack and try to open the file, let me know if still you are facing the issue.
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil

There is another option within MS-Word. From within Word, select Open document, then on the file type drop down, select "Recover text from any file". Or you can covert a Win Word File file to PDF file using online utility. For that you need to go to pdfonline website and submit your Winword Document. The Converted PDF file will be automatically sent to your Mail Inbox.