Thread: Need freeware to scan and fax Online documents

Need freeware to scan and fax Online documents

hi,

While surfing, I usually find certain guides and documents available online that are really helpful to me as well as my friends. I wonder if I can scan those online document and fax them to my friends. I want to ask is there any freeware available that allows to scan and fax the documents online ?

any ideas....kindly give your suggestions

Re: Need freeware to scan and fax Online documents

Here are some of the free programs/softwares available that will help you -

faxZERO

faxZERO allows you to send two free faxes a day, to the United States or Canada, as long as they don’t contain more than three pages each. Plus there is an ad on the cover page. Out of all the services we tested, faxZERO is the easiest to use and the only one that didn’t require creating an account.

faxZERO also has a premium service that charges 1.99$ for each fax and limits the number of pages per fax at fifteen. If you need to send more than two faxes a day and you don’t want to pay for the premium service, you could consider deleting your browser cache and cookies and using another IP address, either through the TOR network, proxies or simply by resetting your router.

Qipit

Qipit is a more comprehensive service when compared to faxZERO. Instead of being just an online faxing service, Qipit helps you upload photos of documents, business cards or receipts from a mobile phone or digital camera, and improves the image quality through a patented technology called Realeyes3D.

The images can be emailed or faxed. The images you upload are stored online on Qipit’s servers and are also accessible online via the website. You can upload photos via MMS, email or directly from your computer using the web interface.

Once your document is on Qipit, you can choose to either view a PDF version of it, email the document or fax it. Qipit’s image optimization technology proved to be quite powerful.
    The great thing about Qipit is that it’s free

Easy Fax Online 1.0 provides you a very useful and easy-to-use application that will help you send a fax from anywhere by using the internet.
    Easy Fax Online 1.0 has a very straight forward user interface to help you send your faxes quickly and with no issues.

Major Features:

• Help you send a fax from anywhere by using the internet
    • Easy to install and send
    • Freeware & lightweight
    • Straight forward user interface

Requirements: All Windows Operating System

ScanR - a service very similar to Qipit. The trial subscription gives you only one upload and fax, but the premium account is only 4,99$/month or 29,99$/year. ScanR features OCR (optical character recognition), a slightly better designed interface and sharing capability.

An interesting quote from their help pages suggest that some fax numbers are restricted:
    scanR currently sends fax to most phone numbers in East Asia, North America and Western Europe. scanR may block certain premium phone numbers and countries.

You get the same uploading capabilities, via email, MMS or web interface.

Another cool feature of ScanR is that you can use is to convert document pictures that were obtained using you cell phone camera to a properly formatted document. Very useful for things like page captures from library books and lecture notes.

eFax - another faxing service. With eFax, you can also receive faxes, but unfortunately it requires you sign up for a 30 day trial using a credit card.

RingCentral offers an ideal communication tool when it comes to online fax issues. I've tried using other services but I appreciate RingCentral features. Its easy to access, budget-friendly. They as well offer toll-free number subscriptions.