Thread: Extracting DVD audio with MacTheRipper

Extracting DVD audio with MacTheRipper

I am a MAC OS user. While searching for application for extracting Audio from DVD, i just came to this post here on this forum : DVD ripper freeware for Windows Vista . I found MacTheRipper suitable for my operating system and thanks you guys for that. Now could you guys please make me know how can i extract DVD Audio using MacTheRipper ? Help appreciated.

Re: Extracting DVD audio with MacTheRipper

MacTheRipper not only allows you to rip DVDs but also extract DVD audio and save it in AC3 format. Here are the steps to extract DVD audio with MacTheRipper:-

• When the DVD scanning is finished, click the “Mode” button and change to “Title Only Extraction”, or select “Title – Chapter Extraction” if you want the entire title to be a single audio file.

• Select the "D" button, and then hit the "Streams" button. In the stream selection drawer, select only the AC3 track you want.

• Go to “File” and choose “Save to” to set the destination folder for the output file. Then click “Go” to start extraction.Source:iskysoft.com

Thats it !!

Hey thanks for sharing this useful app. As i am having MAC operating system i would like to have this applications. But when i am trying to find out its official, it seems that the site no longer exist. It has been closed. Where can i download Mactheripper ? Please help.

Although MacTheRipper site is closed for legal action, the program is an excellent free DVD ripper.It can extract commercial DVD movies to your hard drive, minus all the copy protection and region controls put in place by DVD publishers. Fortunately i found a site to download it. You can download MacTheRipper at mactheripper.en.softonic.com.