Thread: Copy shows from Direct TV DVR to Computer

Copy shows from Direct TV DVR to Computer

I am a Direct TV DVR user. Now I have some favorite shows. So I want to know that is there a way by which I can record the shows directly to my pc by a USB cable. If not then is it possible to burn those those by adding a DVD burner. I had not tried anything right know. I want to better confirm first that which one from above is possible. Thanks in advance.

Re: Copy shows from Direct TV DVR to Computer

I do not think so you can do this. There are many reason for this. First of you all there is no USB port on the box. So without a USB connection how you can access the device. Then if you anyhow remove the Hard disk then you will have to deal with the copyright thing of the recorded content. It is also possible that Windows cannot identify the hard disk.

You cannot do that because the USB is not activated by DireictTV. Truth is that it does not has any active USB port. But by Tivo software it can be accessed and the transferring of shows or movies is possible. Now there are a ways by which you can copy the vidoes. That is by capturing the videos by TV Tuner card. Add up TV tuner card in your pc and configure the DVR to your pc.

You can do this by adding the Direct TV on a Media Center. Either you can have a Media Center pc or a Media Server. The Media server will direct the TV channels to your computer which can be captured by a video capturing device. Other than this there is not a prescribed solution for this. You cannot directly connect any cable and divert the channels on your pc.