Thread: How to recover a blocked attachment in Outlook

How to recover a blocked attachment in Outlook

I started using Outlook as my default mail client and i found it really good one. Yesterday i got an email with some attachment but when i tried to open those attachment, Outlook gives me a error saying "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachmentsā€¯. What is that and how can i go with those attachments ? Please help.

Re: How to recover a blocked attachment in Outlook

By default, Outlook has a feature to block the attachments that it considers unsafe. So if your Outlook is not allowing to download that attachment, you can use a plugin called AttachmentSecurity. It is a free plugin for Microsoft Outlook that the problem is an easy to use interface to solve which allows you to select what attachments you submit within Outlook.As Attachment Security to block or unblock are security of Microsoft Outlook plugin you must provide the list of file types to block or unblock the perspective of self.

It solves this problem by presenting an easy-to-use interface that allows you to select precisely which file attachment types you want to block or unblock from within Outlook. Because AttachmentSecurity is a Microsoft Outlook addin, you control it directly from within your own copy of Outlook; using it when you need it, while keeping Outlook secure from viruses when you don't. Best of all, it's free to use!

You can also use a third party application for the same. Its Outlook Attachment Enabler 1.0.Control what attachments Outlook to have considered to be unsafe and be free to have any commitment to open you like. You can also use the standard list of blocked attachment types add. Checking the safe and blocked attachments has never been easier. Includes the full and complete list of what Outlook will block by default.

For more related problems of attachments with Microsoft Outlook, you must refer to these posts. I am sure they are gonna help you lot.

Unable to open attachment from outlook express
    Cannot view attachment in outlook 2003
    unblock attachment in outlook
    Cannot send emails with Attachment in Outlook

Thanks a lot friends. That is all what i needed. Its really gonna help me lot.

I appreciate your help. Thank you again !!!