Thread: How to rotate a pdf document

How to rotate a pdf document

I have a pdf files which have multiple pages and images. The images were merged upside down. I want to ask how can I rotate them and then save the same documents. The same is issue with the others files tool which have a single scanned document of a brochure. I can print and scan them back in proper position but before that I want to know that is there is any other option too.

Re: How to rotate a pdf document

This usually happens to many of us when we came across some pdf documents that need to be placed properly. Printing and scanning them back is a long procedure. Acrobat pdf have a inbuilt feature by which you rotate that page and then just save it as a regular way. The first one it to define page properties as landscape or portrait as required. You can configure the settings in page setup option. Second you can click on Rotate view option in the tool bar. Either try clock wise or counter clock wise. The button is located at the top near + and - symbol.

Try this. This tool is called PDFEditor. It provides much than just rotating a page. You can add a blank page in the current document. You can delete a page, crop, extract a single page, add headers and footers, etc. Also you can convert a pdf file to images file format like tif, jpg, bmp, gif, etc. It is free ware tool with lifetime upgrade. The life time upgrade needs a small fee needed if you decided to go for it.

There are numerous tools on the net which gives you to rotate you web page. Instead of downloading them just click on the rotate page on the adobe toolbar and rotate the whole page as you need. Then click on saves as option from file menu to save the same file with the current settings. Save and remove the old file. Here you are done. But if you want to do some advance editing then get a suitable editor form the net.

Forget about PDFEditor it will leave a watermark on saved pdfs. If you want to permanently rotate a pdf document without owning a pdf writer, you'll need to use a PDF print driver to re-save the document with a rotation, but use the Print settings to rotate it, not the Adobe rotate tool, e.g. you can select page rotate clockwise twice to rotate (the selected page, not the whole document) 180:

Quote Originally Posted by chroma View Post
    ...just click on the rotate page on the adobe toolbar and rotate the whole page as you need. Then click on save as option from file menu to save the same file with the current settings. Save and remove the old file. Here you are done. But if you want to do some advance editing then get a suitable editor form the net.
    Did this. I have Adobe Pro and it doesn't save in the rotated view. Reverts to old view each time.

Figured it out - rotate view and rotate document are two separate functions. I was rotating view which doesn't make the rotation permanent.

Thanks.

Give a try to this PDF rotation free on-line service. It's called RotatePDF.net. Select your document, click a button et voilĂ*! There's no watermark or whatever.

Thanks but no need with Adobe Pro.

Adobe does have a support for rotating a pdf file. Try some new version of the same. Rather than this it just give a zooming feature. Try to press Ctrl + Shift + R and check that the page works or not. Or else you might need to convert the page to a image file and then it will become possible to rotate the same. Or else there might not be much help.

That's right, using Adobe Reader is by far the easiest solution. However, I had to deal with this task today on a computer where an old version of Reader (... well... Acrobat Reader ) was installed and no possibility to install a newer version.

In fact it is possible to use an online service to rotate a PDF permanently.

I found this forum and thread just before I found this service, this is why I'm returning to post this, for you, future generations