Thread: How to Compress a 7GB data in 2GB

How to Compress a 7GB data in 2GB

How can i super compress data files? Super compress is because i want to compress a 7GB of my data files into 1 or max 2GB of data? How do i do this? I know this is possible as the pirates who pirate a lot of games are super compressed. Well i don't intent on spreading piracy, i oppose it myself, but i wanna know how this much compression ratio is achieved? I have data of 7GB, mixed contents, documents, videos, images and music. I wan't to compress this to a 2GB compressed file. How do i achieve this high compression ratio? Which software can help me do this? Please help!

Re: How to Compress a 7GB data in 2GB

This high compression ratio is not possible to achieve. Compression ratio depends on the type of data you wan't to compress. Like a text file can be compressed very excellently, a 15kb of text file can be compressed into 1 or 2 kb because it is plain text also the audio and video can be compressed but the ration will not be that high also it is possible to loose the quality of the same.

If that is true then how do the hackers and pirates achieve so high compression ratio? Well i'm sure there is a way out, if anyone could help me, would really appreciate it...

There are techniques to achieve a large compression ratio but the fact is not everyone is aware of it. Also such programs require a very rock solid hardware to do this long processing. You can do a large compression with KGB Archiver. But if you select "Maximum" compression ration, you will have a good compression but the compression could take hours or even days to complete. Here are some user made programs for studying purposes, you could see it here