Thread: Comparing Columns on different sheets

Comparing Columns on different sheets

Good day

I have a macro that I am working on that compares two different sheets. Compare all values in "Boli" to "Port" and vice versa, then post the differences in the "Compare" sheet.

I can get them to compare and post on a different sheet but I want to highlight exactly what is different. I have four columns of information and some times just one column is different. Attached is my wookbook and how I would like the results to look like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Comparing Columns on different sheets

You can find the differences between both the worksheets with the help of Vlookup. Anyways, i have enter the function formula in the copy of your workbook and attached it with the results or differences along with this post.On the 'Boli' sheet you will see some "#N/A" on the F column, those are not on the Port sheet, and vice versa.

Just go through this and let me know is this what you were looking for or something else..

Maq,

What if we wanted to compare all cells to each other on both sheets. Container:Container; Booking:Booking; etc. Is the VLOOKUP function still usable with this or would we have to look at something completely different?

Basically, we want the macro to tell the end-user what is missing or what is incorrect between the two parties(container number off by one digit, container size not matching, etc). That's really the whole point of the macro; to compare differences between the two reports.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks.

Actually, what we are needing is that one column on the Boli sheet is compared to its corresponding column on the Port sheet; one at a time. Example Cell A4 on Boli is compared to all values in column A of the Port sheet and so on down the A column on the Boli sheet. Then if that value isn't found, it place that information on the Compare sheet under the corresponding section.

Is this something that can be done?