Thread: Help Using Rich Copy 4.0 Ms Utility

question Help Using Rich Copy 4.0 Ms Utility

Hello everyone, I have about 22,000 files that I have to copy to CDs and an external hard drive. The file names are no longer than 132 characters, including the path name and they aren't nested. I've tried XCOPY and ROBOCOPY and although the file names aren't truncated, they both would not copy all of the files. Has anyone every used Rich Copy 4.0? I'm trying to use it, but I keep getting errors, such as "The system cannot find the specified path". I have been unable to locate a user manual or a listing of error codes. I'm trying to figure out the correct syntax to use for the source and destination paths. Please help. Thanks!

Re: Help Using Rich Copy 4.0 Ms Utility

I suggest ntfs is not supported Filesystem.

Try a 23GB fat32 or maybe a ext2 partition.

RichCopy is an easy to use tool to copy multiple files between the systems. It is true that improper configuration and extreme stress on computers resources can led to some complications and error messages. They process is denied to initiate even if everything seems to be correct like both destination an source appear just fine.

I'm trying to copy the content of a directory and the files keep their time stamps, but not the subfolders nor parent folder. Looking in options I don't see items to select folder copy options.

Robocopy, I can do the above with proper syntax.

Help Using Rich Copy 4.0 Ms Utility

You need to use File Copier that is a freeware application which can copy multiple files and folders and detect corrupt ones by filling unreadable blocks. Besides various search options files and whole folders can be excluded deliberately, enabling the program to create backups. File Copier is a good utility for copying multiple files and folders to multiple locations with a single click. File Copier will help you copy files that normally you couldn’t copy. All the best.