Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"system cannot find the file specified" error when attempting toinstall security update

Windows Security

Old 10-05-2009

"system cannot find the file specified" error when attempting toinstall security update

I am running Windows XP SP3 in my system and whenever i am trying to download and install MS security updates like KB923561,KB952004,KB956572,KB959426,KB960803,KB961373,KB963027 than i am getting an error message saying "system cannot find the file specified".

Old 12-05-2009

Re: "system cannot find the file specified" error when attemptingto install security update

I want to know if you have tried downloading the updates automatically or manually. If you have tried downloading them automatically than you can try downloading them manually form any of the below site and install them later.
The Microsoft Windows Update Web site
The Microsoft Update Web site
The Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) server
Let me know if you get any error message when you try to download and install them manually.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Security
Tags: , , , ,