Thread: Wordpress Fatal Error : Allowed memory size bytes exhausted

Wordpress Fatal Error : Allowed memory size bytes exhausted

Hello,

I'm have WordPress 2.6,

Here's my error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in/web/sites/vhbu3/2/64/74763/public/www/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 274

I just identify the problem. It comes from the WP-Sticky Plugin! When I disable all, it functions correctly again. I want to change my sticky article, but when I select Normal instead of the Announcement, to do anything it does not take into account my request. This allows normally sticky article to resume its no place in the hierarchy of items.

My problem is a concern for memory allocation,
    In your opinion what can I do to solve this problem??

Re: Wordpress Fatal Error : Allowed memory size bytes exhausted

This error message can occur in a PHP script where the first functional requirements exceed 8MB of memory limit. Not angry, this is a problem of easy solution.

Solutions

Change the limit of memory for a script including a special line at the beginning of the script.

Code:
    ini_set ( "memory_limit", "12M");
    If this does not work, continue increasing the memory limit set by your script.

You can also make this change permanent for all PHP scripts running on the server by changing the server directly in php.ini:

Code:
    memory_limit = 12M
    Remember that increasing the limit of memory for a script is a poor solution, or a poorly developed script wastes memory and causes many problems if performed frequently. This is UAM solution should be used only in casual scripts in other applications the problem should be solved optimizing the code.

If you do not have access to php.ini you can the problem be solved by the following code to add to it. Htaccess file:

Code:
    php_value memory_limit 32M
    Since you most shared hosting / virtual hosting accounts have access to it. Htaccess file, it will for most bloggers is the only option for the allowed memory size exhausted error itself to solve. Not all web hosts allow the use of php_value directives in. Htaccess file. A host for security reasons, the use of these codes are blocked.

And if you do not have access to php.ini and the. Htaccess code did not work you should contact your webhost. The host can limit the memory then you level up.