Thread: How to mux audio files to mp4 container

How to mux audio files to mp4 container

Hi,
    I have a lot of audio and video files. I am trying to make a composite movie from those file for a project work. I want to mux those file into a mpeg4 container to edit them, because i think that is the only easy way. I tried to mux a .mpeg4 to .h264 by video lan, but no results. I want an information about the software's which can do the work for me and plus what are types of format quiet comfortable to carry the muxing process. What tools do you recommend for MP4 muxing with what kind of subtitles. MP4Box is not successful with multiple stream at once.

Re: How to mux audio files to mp4 container

Muxing audio and video files is tedious job. If proper encoding is not done either you will loose audio or video. Or a scrapy file which cannot be played. There a many software's available in the market to carry out the process. Download one from them. Basically muxing joins video and audio files. We can also add title in that file. So you need a powerful encoder.

A proper tool can sort you out. In the world of music streaming, there is one popular too and i.e BeSweet and BeLight . It convert's AC3/MP2/MP3/WAV to AC3. Download and install the tools. Follow the below steps to make a ac3 or dolby digital quality file. You can simply drag and drop the files in the window of BeLight. In the preset tab select the type of output you want and click start processing. Choose your bit rate and output channels. After the completion you will get a ac3 quality audio file.

A container is format that helps you to mix different audio and video files into a single. The well known container formats are AVI (.avi), MPEG (.mpg, .mpeg), Matroska (.mkv, .mka), OGM (.ogm), Quicktime (.mov) or Realmedia (.rm, .rmvb). MP4 is the one of the most popular audio extensions.
    It is a streamable and supports all kinds of multimedia content. As far as concerned to mux a mp4 file related to only audio and video. You can use a MP4Muxer tool. You can also use Haali Media filter to create a mp4 container and add titles in the files.

I know this is an old thread from last year, but I've only found it just now by way of Google. I'm posting because no one offered a competent answer. So here goes.

To recap: Alexander10 wrote asking for a way to mux files into MP4 container. So basically by that he meant he wanted to mux video and audio streams, presumed to be h.264 and AAC, into MP4.

Eric B blundered by confusing the word "mux" with re-encoding. They are not the same. Muxing doesn't degrade audio or video, and it doesn't involve re-encoding.

Glenny offered advice that pertains only to the audio portion of the MP4. But too bad, again, he/she doesn't understand what "mux" means.

Lastly Raj stepped in and offered an almost tangible solution. Sadly, the program he points to (Subler) is an OS X-exclusive app. This is a Windows discussion. The second program, Haali Media, is a splitter, not a muxer. Haali Media is used on Windows as part of a solution to playback mainly MKV files, but also handles MP4. It makes up one of the components of such codec packs as CCCP and K-Lite. It isn't used for muxing video and audio streams into MP4 files.

So what is the solution? YAMB. It hasn't been updated since 2009 but existing version works just fine.