Thread: Problem with audio files in WMP 11

Problem with audio files in WMP 11

Suddenly I am having problems with media player 11, having upgraded from version 10, I cannot copy or make audio CD, they play in random order on PC but will not play on CD player, no track info shows at all, I then tried the Roxio disc copier but while this ripped and burned as per normal the finished CD just would not play in my CD player, could it be the CD carrier in the PC that is the trouble????

Re: Problem with audio files in WMP 11

Make sure when you make your CDs, you're making them using the WMA format instead of MP3- unless your audio player can play both. Do the files show up on the CD when inserted into the computer?

Yes all the tracks show up as/normal, it had been set to MP3 but I changed it to WMA and tried again but just the same.

Do they play from the CD ROM in your computer? You could try burning at a slower speed. Can you play another CD in the CD Player (the one that doesn't play... Let me make sure- you can listen to the audio files on the computer- it's when you burn them to CD when you can't listen to them- correct? Also, make sure copy protection is not on- it's under the RIP section of More Options.

Yes, yes they both play in computer. But only the original will play in the CD player
    “Copy protect music” is not ticked in more options

Right-click on a file on one of the CDs you just burned, and select properties. What format does it say it is? You may want to go as far as uninstalling Media Player 11, and reinstalling. Maybe something didn't go right during the upgrade. I would think you would get some kind of error in the burn process if someting were wrong with the files. I don't use Media player or Roxio, I use Nero, which is why I'm just thinking of items to check. Small problems like this can get frustrating. Everything points to you burning a data CD- but you've done this before, so I'm almost positive that's not the case. I'll keep searching, and see what I can dig up.

I think you may be right in uninstalling Player, it has been behaving erratically
    is nero complicated???

Nero is one of the better burning programs- I used Roxio in the past, and had many problems. It's not to say that Roxio is bad, it may be a good program now, but when I used it- frustration was at the top of my list. Sorry I can't give a good explanation of why your computer is doing this. If it was with one program- and not both, we could narrow it down a bit more. Download a trial version of Nero to see if you like it first. You can download a free trial Before uninstalling, you may want to try the free trial.

I have deleted the tracks from Media Player, then inserted the burnt CD and it wont play just the odd squeak at intervals, I will try Nero.

THANKS......!