Thread: ekrn.exe uses 100% CPU utilization

ekrn.exe uses 100% CPU utilization

Hello all I have antivirus Eset Smart Security on Windows XP. the "ekrn.exe" slows down my computer even in a state of inactivity. This also occurs at startup or while browsing through files or on the Internet despite the "advanced heuristic" mode is disabled. I have no other software that may come into conflict with ESET as other antivirus or antispyware.because I scanned my computer with various cleaners free (Kaspersky, Dr. Web and Avast!) And the main use that I make my computers is the word processor (which, I think, limits a bit the risk of infection not a virus or other threat).

Re: ekrn.exe uses 100% CPU utilization

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas View Post
    Hello all I have antivirus Eset Smart Security on Windows XP. the "ekrn.exe" slows down my computer even in a state of inactivity. This also occurs at startup or while browsing through files or on the Internet despite the "advanced heuristic" mode is disabled. I have no other software that may come into conflict with ESET as other antivirus or antispyware.because I scanned my computer with various cleaners free (Kaspersky, Dr. Web and Avast!) And the main use that I make my computers is the word processor (which, I think, limits a bit the risk of infection not a virus or other threat).
    actually ekrn.exe is a part of your NOD32 antivirus that you are running. It's not a virus. As part of NOD32, it is resource hogging and slowing your connection as a result. If you don't want it hogging your resources, your only solution really is to use a different antivirus. It's not going to go away as long as you are using NOD32.

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    actually ekrn.exe is a part of your NOD32 antivirus that you are running. It's not a virus. As part of NOD32, it is resource hogging and slowing your connection as a result. If you don't want it hogging your resources, your only solution really is to use a different antivirus. It's not going to go away as long as you are using NOD32.
    This is probably due to an update that is downloaded and installed by your NOD32 antivirus suite.the other alternative is to used any other antivirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip21 View Post
    This is probably due to an update that is downloaded and installed by your NOD32 antivirus suite.the other alternative is to used any other antivirus.
    ok thanks guys I will try changing my Antivirus and check to see if problem persist or not. have a nice day.