Thread: Intel Plans to Provide Insurance over CPU Overclocking

Intel Plans to Provide Insurance over CPU Overclocking

Here is a good news for overclocker. Under its news scheme Performance Tuning Protection Plan, Intel is offering a kind of insurance for the overclockers. The scheme offers you a benefit of easy cpu replacement on prescribed fee without going for new or waiting for replacement. Overclocking has took important place under high performance system. After the release of easy to use utilities and in-bios support Overclocking has become a major part of systems activity. But also the risk involves which usually drags users interest away from it. To initiate the process and provide a better service, under some cost Intel's Tuning Plan will provide you protection on CPU loose while overclocking it. So you can stay more tension free at the time of overclocking.

Currenlty Intel offers a 3 year warranty on the processors. Many processors does not comes with overclocking warranty. Tuning Plan offers you one time replacement of cpu which is damaged because of overclocking. The cost of the same lies between $20 to $35. The fluctuation lies because of different variation in the cpu series. There are certain terms and conditions which you must know to get benefit of this plan. You can read the same in detail under Terms and Conditions part of Performance Tuning Protection Plan link.

Pricing Details of Intels Performance Tuning Protection Plan :

• Intel Core i5-2500K $20.00
    • Intel Core i7-2600K $25.00
    • Intel Core i7-2700K $25.00
    • Intel Core i7-3930K $35.00
    • Intel Core i7-3960X $35.00

You can buy a favorable plan for you here - Performance Tuning Protection Plan - http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Highlight of Terms and Conditions :
    • The Plan only applies to issues directly related to performance tuning, and only provides for a one-time replacement for eligible processors.
    • No Eligible Processor replacements will be allowed within the first 30-day period after purchase of the Plan
    • Plan is applicable till 3 Years of Purchase of Plan
    • You can buy more than 1 Plan
    • Only 1 Replacement Per Plan on Eligible CPU.

Re: Intel Plans to Provide Insurance over CPU Overclocking

This is really a good news for overclockers who plans to go for regular overclocking. Atleast they can stay worry free for some couple of year until the plan is active and get a easy replacement. I will try to learn more about the terms and conditions which is necessary to find out what the plan covers and what are its limitation. Other than this can anyone provide me the eligible processors under this plan.

Re: Intel Plans to Provide Insurance over CPU Overclocking

Here is the list of eligible processors. The plan is only active on this processors. So first you must read before purchasing it. Also if you want you can contact Intel to find out that your processor can also have the plan or not.
    • Intel Core i5-2500K
    • Intel Core i7-2600K
    • Intel Core i7-2700K
    • Intel Core i7-3930K
    • Intel Core i7-3960X