Thread: HTC announced Ice Cream Sandwich update for its eight Smartphone’s

HTC announced Ice Cream Sandwich update for its eight Smartphone’s

HTC Corp. this week announced that it will beam Google Inc.’s Ice Cream Sandwich OS to eight Smartphone’s in the coming year 2012.

So the phones that will be receiving the android Ice Cream Sandwich update are the HTC Sensation XL, Sensation XE, EVO 3D, EVO Design 4G, Amaze 4G, Rezound, HTC Vivid and Sensation.

It is said that the new android 4.0 operating system from Google will be hosting a lot of features such as creating folders for separate applications, setting the mobile data limits, facial recognition technology, you will be getting to see a list of applications that are running and which are not, screen shots are enabled, saving emails for offline search, improved keyboard, more editing options and improved copy paste functionality.

So these are the features that you will be getting with the new android 4.0 update.

Till now only tablets were announced for the ice cream sandwich update now even Smartphone’s will be having it as well. Samsung will be the first manufacturer to introduce Android 4.0 OS in Smartphone and that is Samsung Nexus Prime.

Re: HTC announced Ice Cream Sandwich update for its eight Smartphone’s

Ok that's a great news that you have given here, so thanks for giving me this news. I am very much happy that you have shared this information. I am planning to buy sensation Xe and i am happy that it will receive the update.

sad Re: HTC announced Ice Cream Sandwich update for its eight Smartphone’s

Hi,
    Any updates for HTC explorer

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoob View Post
    Hi,
    Any updates for HTC explorer
    Till now there is no news of Ice Cream Sandwich update for HTC explorer but recently HTC announced that Ice Cream Sandwich will be updated to plenty of their Android smartphones like the HTC Sensation, and HTC Desire S, so you will have to wait for a while. By the way which Android OS have you updated lately in your phone?

Hi Simond,

I have recently purchased HTC explorer. The Android version : 2.3.5. Since it is recently added to HTC smartphone list i am expecting to get an update for it atleast after 8-10 months or so.