Thread: laging problem in counter strike

laging problem in counter strike

Right now i have a Saphire radeon x1600 pro 512mb, 2gb ram, pentium 4. and in the start it was great ofcourse, but after time went by i started having problems, like huge fps spikes when i played, i then cleaned my graphic card and it started workin better, but now it does the same, its like im in one huge lag spike when i play. Im about to just rip the ******* out and get the geforce 8800 gtx -.- anyone know what i could do to fix this?

whats your ping usually and how hard is your CPU working?

My ping is usually those 5-40 depending on server, my comp isnt working hard at all, ive played CSS perfect before, but then took a break and now it seems to be having problems. the highest fps ive been getting on source is about 20.... before i took a break from CS i was around those 100 fps, so i dont understand what the problem with it is. Im seriously ready to just buy a new comp -.- cause this happends with other fps games as well like hellgate, but when im in D2 it runs fine.

what are your full specifications? such as your processors speed, motherboard if you know it, RAM speed if you know it.

if it was just cs:s that your having problems with id say its a source/steam, update causing problems (this has been known to happen on several occasions), but if your having problems with other games it cant be.

its unlikely youll need to buy a whole new pc, it will probably be one thing messing up and causing everything to go slower.