Thread: Lack of multiplayer tournament in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Lack of multiplayer tournament in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I have been playing FIFA games for past many years and having multiple teams in a single tournament was possible in every game. While starting any tournament where they allow the player to choose teams, one can choose any number of teams. One can select two teams and play matches for both. The only condition is to choose only one side when two user selected teams come against each other. In FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012, I wanted to do this same thing again, but this dlc doesn’t allow it as there is no such feature. I wanted to select one team from each group so that I can get knockout round of my choice. Has anyone else been disappointed due to lack of this feature?

Re: Lack of multiplayer tournament in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Me and my four friends thought that this feature that is present in almost all the game of FIFA must also be present here. So we decided that together we will control sixteen teams and play the game. But as soon as the menu for team selection appeared, we would select one team and a small logo that denotes its selection would appear. After clicking on other team, the logo on the first team would go away and the recently selected team would be selected. This became frustrated until we realized that multiplayer feature in tournament has been eliminated by EA Sports.

Re: Lack of multiplayer tournament in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

EA Sports should know that most of the games that are played online by many people are because they can connect to their group of friends. IF they remove the features that are mostly used when playing online, then the game will be of no use. If the selection of teams in knockout round is left to the system, then it selects all the low level teams and all the strong teams that are bound to win in real tournament are left back. So this feature is useful to help the appropriate teams enter knockout round.
    At present when I am playing UEFA Euro 2012, I selected France as my team of choice and played the group rounds on Semi-Pro difficulty. When I finished the six group level matches, the draw for knockout round was declared. The worst part of this draw was, England got defeated in group round and so did Wales. I mean they both have some of the best players in the world. Also in real life, they have good ranking. How does FIFA expect them to be eliminated from the group rounds? England has Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Joe Hart and other such first class players. Also Wales has some good players. Teams like Macedonia or Malta who barely win some matches in real win in this game and proceed in further rounds.

I think that EA sports should provide some patch that will treat weak teams as weak and strong teams as strong. I don’t want to sound as weak teams can’t win, but it is a fact and we have seen it. If a player is controlling the weak team then on basis of user’s performance they can win.