Thread: Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai expansion not available on Steam

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai expansion not available on Steam

Hello friends, I am having Total War Shogun 2 and just two weeks earlier I have to make a decision to pre-purchase fall of the Samurai. Well when game is been patched, so I have run installation when it was been launched. But I was not having access to the new expansion; it was showing me blacked out. Doubled clicked on steam then it was telling me that I have already purchased it. When I have checked on forum then founded out many of people were playing it, which was confirmation that it is been launched. Then I have restart steam and restart the game, and then also there was no change. I have checked game files, restart steam one more time, and then also there was no change. Just to be sure run a benchmark and restart game, after that also there was no change. I believe that game has not register which I have actually purchased the expansion. Even I am not able to do anything about it as I am having it already. Well verified the game files so not knowing that re-installing it will help. Does anyone know anything about it and also what should I do. Thank you.

Re: Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai expansion not available on Steam

Well very much sad to that you are having a trouble with fall of The Samurai. Just to make clear, when you say the new expansion is blacked out, then are you trying to say that in Shogun 2, there is the New Campaign under which fall of the Samurai option is there is grayed out? Well something wanted to know that if you go to tradition battles, are any fall of The Samurai factions accessible for selection?

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
    Well very much sad to that you are having a trouble with fall of The Samurai. Just to make clear, when you say the new expansion is blacked out, then are you trying to say that in Shogun 2, there is the New Campaign under which fall of the Samurai option is there is grayed out? Well something wanted to know that if you go to tradition battles, are any fall of The Samurai factions accessible for selection?
    Yes it is been grayed out in campaign and also I cannot start a campaign and well wanted to tell there is and no new faction or units are available in tradition battles. Till now there is been no new content has been unlocked at all.

Well you have already restart Steam which is one good thing you have done, but will you be able to do it one more time? If it possible then better try restarting your PC and extension Steam and check that DLC has been enabled or not, please tell me that it really helps you or not.

I would say that for this will have to wait for little time, I would suggest that delete the local content and start to reinstall the game over Steam. When you will be doing this then it will be taking about 3 more hours as considerable size of the game. If such thing was happened with me then I have once reinstalled try to restart the program, and if then also this method fails, and then I would restart the pc. I know that you cannot do this immediately. Most of time reinstalling of game solved the issue. Should anyone else find that it seems their game is not been unlocked when buy, then does reinstallation as it seem to do the trick?

I would wish not to delete and reinstall the whole game to get fall of The Samurai ungrayed out in the menu. Definitely there is an improved method to fix this? I have restarted steam, restore game, and then also there is no difference. I am having all the new menus, a lengthy download during the day, and now a menu with an option for a game I have paid for that does not work. Closed and opened steam continually, after the 3rd time, Fall of The Samurai come into view in the menu and was accessible alongside the other two games.