Thread: Darkness 2 PC Demo has no video after title screen, just sound.

Darkness 2 PC Demo has no video after title screen, just sound.

Hi, I have Nvidia GeForce GTx580 with 1.5 GB RAM, I have 2.67ghz dual processor and 8 GB of regular RAM. I have downloaded the demo game and when I try to play this game I get blank screen after the title of the game and I can only hear the audio of the game. i have disabled the subtitle but still it shows the subtitles while game introduction is playing. When I press the pause button, game goes to pause mode but it won’t come out of the pause mode when I press resume button. If I skip the game introduction then it displays white screen only there again there is no video and only audio can be heard. Right now I am playing this game at 1920 x 1280 resolution. I have tried updating through steam but still the problem remains there. Can anyone help me solving this issue?

Re: Darkness 2 PC Demo has no video after title screen, just sound.

I have also downloaded the demo game and it worked for the first time after installing the VC++ and Directx on my system. i have saved all of the game files and the steam in the E drive but it leaves the game file on the other drive which is D drive. But when I tried to load the game again it did not even start. i have updated the game and after that when I tried to play game it went till the “Darkness 2” title and then there was no sign of “press enter key”. When I myself pressed A from the controller it showed the letter A on the bottom of the screen. After that there was nothing on the screen and then screen went blank completely.

After lot of adjustment I have found the solution for this problem. I had the same problem as you guys are having. I could hear the sound of game with subtitles running in jumbled manner on the black screen. When I used to press the escape button then I could see the actual scene from the game for some time. I then tested the game with several resolution and checked the cache. But I got success when it switched the game mode to windowed mode. I haven’t got any problem since then.

I think that it has happened because I updated the patch. There are very small dots on the screen. I should have waited before updating the patch because later I came to know that the game loads slowly and there is a conversation at the starting of the game in black screen before going to the actual game. All the text from the menu looks like small dots thus I am not able to go into the Main menu it has also jumbled all the subtitles which are unreadable. i have intel core i7, 6 GB RAM and GTX 580 graphic card and I am running the windows 7 operating system.

Well there is more trouble in this game than you had!I went on to verify my game by doing the following :
    • 1 right click on the game
    • 2. Then I select the steam library and go to the properties.
    • 3 go to local files and then “verify integrity of game cache”

I came to know that the game is missing some files of almost 13.3 MB, so I downloaded these files but still it shows those files missing. I have then tried reinstalling the game but to no success.

I have Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX and overclocked RAM of 512MB.i have AMD X2 with 4GB ram. I was having the same problem like you. I could hear the sound but there was no video on the screen. only i could see is the totally messed subtitles. I tried changing the settings from game but nothing worked for me. I even tried the windowed mode which worked for someone here but it wont worked for me. Finally I went to the Nvidia control panel and came to know that I have setting for anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. I did reset my settings to default and enabled the setting as an application controlled. When I started the game again all was running good including the video, sound and subtitles.