Thread: Having Boring Followers in the elder scrolls – skyrim

Having Boring Followers in the elder scrolls – skyrim

Well, up to now I’ve had Lydia, Uthgerd the Unbroken, Jenassa, Benor. Which have hardly expressed a word while I’ve had them accompany me And Lydia, who I’m sure hasn't still spoken. At the moment I’ve presently recently got Marcurio, and wow, he essentially speaks! I mean, he does criticize regarding the cold an awful lot, however at least it's not the similar complaint every time, and he's made dissimilar comments regarding various dungeons and their denizens.

Re: Having Boring Followers in the elder scrolls – skyrim

I haven’t tried all of them, however pretty dissatisfied overall with the companions. I was expecting at any rate a hardly any NV style companions by dialogue, back stories, quests, etc. The companions I've seen up to now don't seem to have any use additional than being pack mules.

By means of so much else regarding NPCs, Bethesda go through quantity in excess of quality this time. You acquire regarding 30 dissimilar followers, however they aren't really any different commencing each other, apart from for their preferred skills. The Companions, in fact, are all essentially identical characters. Meanwhile, you acquire 60 dissimilar marriage candidates, and they the entire accurately comprise the precise similar lines of dialogue added onto them at what time married. There is no dissimilarity among one and an additional.

Marcurio does have enhanced dialog than the majority however I found him as a result unreasonably over powered that I've parted ways by means of him. Whilst I have the same opinion, as a common rule, companions are a main dissatisfaction; I believe dialog as a complete in Skyrim is a dissatisfaction. Bethesda possibly will learn an obsession or two from The Witcher 2 where there was a luminous moment once where I was presently running next to. presently little things similar to that put a smile on your face other than appear beyond Bethesda's ability to do for the reason that unsatisfactory dialog is a reoccurring theme within TES games.

Considering the depth they poured in the environment and voice acting, I'm astonished the companions are so thinly written. Party banter was a most important highlight within games similar to Dragon Age, you'd believe additional developers would pick up on top of that. Granted, it’s a bit tougher at what time there's simply one companion, and the protagonist is silent, you are able to only substantiate so much monologuing. however extra varied comments on the places you visit would most likely work huge

Similar I required someone who will have a conversation or comment on top of where we go or the events that come about. I took one up to the greybeards in favor of the initial time and she said not anything regarding being there or me being the dragon borne. I’ve had the similar woman a moment currently, got her from the white run pub and she in point of fact said that’s a 1000 year old Nordic temple as we past one. I stopped dead into my tracks for the reason that she in point of fact spoke.

Marcurio is huge in favor of what they've completed. He has a superior assortment of comments and they aren't irritating or dumb. The voice acting is superior and he's likeable. I'm take pleasure in his company. If he had a backstory he'd be huge. I don't care too much regarding companion quests, other than knowing additional concerning him and being capable to ask him questions regarding himself would be pleasant. I don't mind that he's a slight OP as I'm playing a mage and require the backup. in addition, I am able to take his dagger away commencing him so he stays a ranged companion as a result I am not hitting him through my spells most of the time, which is superior as well.