Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim proper Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround support.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim proper Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround support.

I am aware that PC gamers are 'low man on the totem pole' when the point comes to gaming these days except is it possible to get some Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround support intended for Skyrim? I know Todd Howard doesn't believe in 3D gaming but anyone that's seen it in action would beg to differ. It’s incredibly immersive and really adds to the game play. Thankfully it seems 3D vision users 'got lucky' and the game received an 'excellent' 3D rating through a few minor issues except Eyefinity/Surround is plagued by zoomed unusable menus among other problems. It’s very inadequate for a game which I have really looked forward to.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim proper Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround support.

PC gamers are certainly getting abandoned these days and Eyefinity/Nvidia 3D surround users are getting it even inferior despite the fact that we spend the extra cash because we really love our gaming and take it seriously whereas game devs generally cater to the console crowd. I know it’s a business and I know I'm being a whiny but it had to be said again. I am sure game developers all started making games partly because they loved gaming and now it seems like the almighty dollar is the only goal. If there are no plans to patch this up please reconsider.

This sign me in as somebody who just wants the menus as well as interfaces like picking locks etc to work out the box for once in a bethesda. Just once I would like to not have to constantly wrestle with the .ini files to have to enjoy your games with my display setup.

I am agreeing with you, lately pc gamers are getting to be a neglected raze. I recently set a high end computer for work and gaming with 3 monitors, would be great to play Skyrim on Eyefinity, all I get it’s the same repeated in each monitor. Hopefully the gang over at Widescreen Gaming can get a proper fix for us. I believe they will it’s just a matter of time. I don't believe Bethesda will help us out on this since we are a minority.

It looks stunning in 3d, and even more stunning in 3d surround. The menus doesn’t work yet. But I put my trust in that some hidden magic will eventually solve it. He's progress is looking really good. I will happily donate to him if he solves it. By the way, I think we should invite some of the 3d skeptics at Bethesda to see what a good 3d surround setup does for game immersion. For me game immersion has always been pretty high on the list of important things in a game, and adding one whole new dimension in a gaming environment covering your whole peripheral vision, is the biggest step in game immersion I've experienced since I got my intellivision when I was 6 years old.

I would appreciate nvidia surround support as well. I'm using a solution from widescreen Gaming currently, but there are some unfortunate errors from it at this point.

I am playing within widescreen surround with the first HaYDeN patch from Wide screen Gaming. It works just fine. The only real bug is that you cannot read books yet so you have to switch back to single screen and resolution to read books. What I do is every few hours just switch back to read whatever I have picked up. Everything else seems to work. I am running the game at 5760 X 1200 across three 24"monitors. They are not 3D as I have not seen much in the way of 120 Hz 1920 X 1200 monitors and I hate 1080p as it is just overly narrow. My GPU's are a pair of GTX 580's using SLI/surround with the latest beta driver. My GPU's seem to average 60% useage so the code is not really optimized for anything but consoles but the visual results are good. My GPU temps stay in the 75 degree C range when playing. I am getting well over 60fps and no crashes, good sound, no real issues. The process to set it up when you start the game only takes seconds.

I hope that they will pay attention to this issue and let this solve as soon as possible. Anyways, we can do nothing more than to wait.

I think we ought to welcome some of the 3d doubters at Bethesda to see what a great 3d surround setup does for recreation inundation. For me amusement drenching has invariably been pretty heightened.