Thread: Not able to get a checkpoint/autosave in Batman Arkham City

Not able to get a checkpoint/autosave in Batman Arkham City

I have just started playing Batman Arkham City and I am not able to get checkpoint/autosave. I will like to share that I am at the Vicky Vale part where she talks about the snipers and after that when I reach the Joker and if I die then I get back to her and then I have to start the whole process again. So I just wanted to know that where the checkpoint/autosave option is? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to get a checkpoint/autosave in Batman Arkham City

I have just started playing Batman Arkham City and I am not able to get checkpoint/autosave. I will like to share that I am at the Vicky Vale part where she talks about the snipers and after that when I reach the Joker and if I die then I get back to her and then I have to start the whole process again. So I just wanted to know that where the checkpoint/autosave option is? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I am having the same situation and even I am not able to find out the checkpoint/autosave and I really doubt now if it is there actually. I have tried to search for this in a no of forum and I have found out a no of people with the same question but I have not came across a solution for it yet.I have been playing the Catwoman mission and I have been still trying a couple of times but then whenevenr I die I am dragged to the Vicki Vale part again and then I have to run the whole game play again. If anyone has found a solution to avoid this then please share it with us as well. It will be highly appreciated.

I will like to share that even I was having the same issue but then when I started the game again with another file and when I set it to past the Vale section and later when I continued then I did not has any further problem and this makes me think that there is some kind of problem with the corruption in the save file because of which the we do not get the checkpoint even though the progress is up to the mark so I will suggest you to start a new game and if it is possible then just backup your save file and after that you will be able to continue from your last backup rather than the same beginning. Just check it out and see if it is helping you out as well and let me know what you get.

I think that I have found a perfect solution for it. I mean that I was playing the game and I had beaten the Joker and I was continuing the game by playing the catwoman and later when I entered the building then the game was not saving and when I died while playing the catwoman then I was taken back to the Vicky and after having conversation with her a few times when I entered the building and when I opened the door then game was saving it and I am really happy to find it out. If you want you all can try the same out and save some of your hours as well.